Statement released by former RST Secretary

boss

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The threads about this shite have given our real enemies enough comedy material for a year and you people involved should HANG YOUR FUCKIN HEAD IN SHAME. You may kid yourselves on that you only have our clubs best interest at heart and when you first got involved with whatever little outfit you are in, you probably did, but to the blindest of us outsiders looking in its as clear as day that your ego's have taken over. Time to do the right thing and GTF before you make our club (and yourselves) a bigger laughing stock than you have already. It's not as if we don't have enough things to worry us about our future without this EMBARRASSMENT. Who needs enemies FFS.

The day I take advice from you to hang my head in shame for exposing charlatans in the support is when hell freezes over.

Certain sites and individuals simply will not engage in constructive dialogue so the only way of getting to the truth is to discuss it here and elsewhere.

The offer has been made plenty of times by myself and others to get round the table and sort this out.

Yes it's messy and yes the allegations and counter allegations are doing no one any favours but if we stopped it now and got round the table then perhaps certain people would see that our intentions are genuine and that we do want a strong RST.

I wonder if any of these RST members and their cronies will be at the game tonight?

The way they are behaving on here, and on other similar threads, it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't give 2 fucks about the Rangers.

And I'd also still like one of them to answer the question I've now asked about 3 or 4 times.....................................

What were the views of the Credit Card Machine Company when they were advised that their machine had been used by a 3rd party?

Is this question so difficult, or is just the fact it's a genuine question which may not have a satisfactory answer, being asked by someone who knows nobody in the trust and has no truck with any individual in this whole sorry debacle?

The threads about this shite have given our real enemies enough comedy material for a year and you people involved should HANG YOUR FUCKIN HEAD IN SHAME. You may kid yourselves on that you only have our clubs best interest at heart and when you first got involved with whatever little outfit you are in, you probably did, but to the blindest of us outsiders looking in its as clear as day that your ego's have taken over. Time to do the right thing and GTF before you make our club (and yourselves) a bigger laughing stock than you have already. It's not as if we don't have enough things to worry us about our future without this EMBARRASSMENT. Who needs enemies FFS.

What a joke of a post.

If my brother was wronging me, in most ways that is far worse than a stranger.

I wonder if any of these RST members and their cronies will be at the game tonight?

The way they are behaving on here, and on other similar threads, it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't give 2 fucks about the Rangers.

And I'd also still like one of them to answer the question I've now asked about 3 or 4 times.....................................

What were the views of the Credit Card Machine Company when they were advised that their machine had been used by a 3rd party?

Is this question so difficult, or is just the fact it's a genuine question which may not have a satisfactory answer, being asked by someone who knows nobody in the trust and has no truck with any individual in this whole sorry debacle?

If you think they don't care about rangers you're an idiot.

What a joke of a post.

If my brother was wronging me, in most ways that is far worse than a stranger.

His post was spot on.

You probably started this site with the best of intentions but it has become a vehicle of anti-Trust sentiments whether you like it or not.

His post was spot on.

You probably started this site with the best of intentions but it has become a vehicle of anti-Trust sentiments whether you like it or not.

I started this site with the best of intentions for Rangers FC and its individual supporters.

I think that we have done a great job on that front.

Personally, the RST and I have never crossed paths and nor do I care. Can you tell me if I should?

Was the RST e-mail posted?

Tuesday, 28 September 2010 16:26

The Board of the Rangers Supporters Trust deplores the cynical, inaccurate and grossly exaggerated claims made on internet forums by former Secretary Alan Harris.

The claims relate to monies totalling £2690 which had been due to the RST for an extended period of time after being pledged by a Board member (Mark Dingwall). The background to this is that Mr. Dingwall had committed to underwrite the selling of tables and some other incidental items at two Rangers-related dinners for good causes in 2008. Mr. Dingwall was unable to sell the seats immediately and as the RST had organised the events, he was therefore deemed liable for the outstanding monies. Due to business pressures, Mr. Dingwall was unable to repay the balance immediately and two cheques were returned from the bank. All of the outstanding money was subsequently paid by Mr. Dingwall and the account is settled.

The Trust board then commissioned independent legal advice to probe Mr Harris’s claims, and Mark Dingwall and Trust Chair Stephen Smith voluntarily withdrew from Board duties in order to facilitate an independent investigation. While Mr Dingwall was cleared of the allegation of making any financial gain, legal advice stated that the issue should have been highlighted sooner as, while monies were overdue, it could reasonably be deemed to be a conflict of interest. The legal advice concluded that it would be “unreasonable” to ask Mr Dingwall to resign in this instance and the Board agreed that he acted in good faith from the outset and far from profiting he was in fact ultimately, personally out of pocket.

The Trust Board accepts the legal advice in full and has already put in place a series of improvements in its financial management procedures which will enable the RST to move forward with more robust controls, visibility and reporting.

Recent internet posts from Mr Harris claiming to quote from the Auditors Report (which exists for the purpose of advising the Trust’s Board) are factually inaccurate.

None of these quotes were included in the report - in fact these quotes substantially reflect or derive from draft amendments which Mr. Harris himself sought to have included in the Auditors report, in order to reflect his own opinions and further his own goals.

These amendments were rejected by the Auditors and Board following receipt of the legal advice. The Auditor fully signed-off the RST’s accounts on an unqualified basis and the Board accepted the Report, implementing more robust financial procedures in the process.

The Trust Board is deeply disappointed at a deliberate and premeditated breach of confidentiality. We do not accept that this is either whistleblowing or in any way justifiable behaviour. Mr Harris has stated his opinions without context on a public message-board, instead of raising these questions at the Trust's Annual General Meeting on 19 September - a meeting he elected to walk out of after only 15 minutes rather than wait for the 'open-floor' section of the meeting when the Chair had already indicated to Mr Harris he could express his opinions.

The RST Board will now consider the actions necessary, including disciplinary action, to take the Trust forward.

http://www.intouchwithmembers.co.uk/unsubscribe/?si9747TPKGSPPMMCWK2007nTua-7679

Rangers Supporters' Trust

P.O. Box 3099, Clydebank, Glasgow, G60 9AN

The day I take advice from you to hang my head in shame for exposing charlatans in the support is when hell freezes over.

Certain sites and individuals simply will not engage in constructive dialogue so the only way of getting to the truth is to discuss it here and elsewhere.

The offer has been made plenty of times by myself and others to get round the table and sort this out.

Yes it's messy and yes the allegations and counter allegations are doing no one any favours but if we stopped it now and got round the table then perhaps certain people would see that our intentions are genuine and that we do want a strong RST.

Not digging at you for bringing it up, just wish you didn't have any of the material to bring up in the first place and now it's ballbusting watching this cover your arse scenario. Every one of them claim that they only volunteer their time for our benefit and they get no personal gain from it whatsoever but when it is obvious that this sort of stuff is only detrimental to Rangers and they are past their sell by date, they fight tooth and nail to keep their "no benefit to them" positions.

Whether all the allegations are true or no, it's obvious that there is something not right here, and the RST can never go forward as it is, so why don't these so called "selfless volunteers" say "Fuck it, if the majority of you don't want our help we're off".

Again, not a dig at you in the slightest.

I started this site with the best of intentions for Rangers FC and its individual supporters.

I think that we have done a great job on that front.

Personally, the RST and I have never crossed paths and nor do I care. Can you tell me if I should?

Of course not :D

If the Trust is something that matters to you personally then you should join it, if its something that doesn't concern you then don't give it another moments notice.

But don't tell me that this site doesn't have an anti-Trust agenda. That's fucking bollocks and you know it.

If the Trust is something that matters to you personally then you should join it, if its something that doesn't concern you then don't give it another moments notice.

But don't tell me that this site doesn't have an anti-Trust agenda. That's fucking bollocks and you know it.

We have trust issues :P

but is it anti trust or anti the charlatans who run it.

and i do have a problem with them, it took me nearly a year of emails and calls to try to get my gersave shares and money back and i got every excuse under the sun from them t try not to pay me.

but when the puppeteer asks for 2,600 quid of seats its not a problem

jobs for the boys trust they should be renamed

Something in there is certainly bollocks , you only have to read through the thread to see COUNTLESS people say its a GREAT idea that has lost its way and if run properly it SHOULD help the averge fans get their voices heard, hardly an anti trust agenda :rolleyes: most of the shite is personal clashes between board members and ex board members.

and your insinuations only further shows why nothing will ever be resolved , FF blame RM and any other website , RM blame FF , VB blame any one that doesnt have Rangers interests at heart tbh its fucking pathetic , only one group has failed here and that is the board members of the RST wherever they may post their thoughts on football.

Something in there is certainly bollocks , you only have to read through the thread to see COUNTLESS people say its a GREAT idea that has lost its way and if run properly it SHOULD help the averge fans get their voices heard, hardly an anti trust agenda :rolleyes: most of the shite is personal clashes between board members and ex board members.

and your insinuations only further shows why nothing will ever be resolved , FF blame RM and any other website , RM blame FF , VB blame any one that doesnt have Rangers interests at heart tbh its fucking pathetic , only one group has failed here and that is the board members of the RST wherever they may post their thoughts on football.

Are you a victim of domestic abuse? :lol:

Give me peace.

but is it anti trust or anti the charlatans who run it.

and i do have a problem with them, it took me nearly a year of emails and calls to try to get my gersave shares and money back and i got every excuse under the sun from them t try not to pay me.

but when the puppeteer asks for 2,600 quid of seats its not a problem

jobs for the boys trust they should be renamed

Its the same thing KPL.

And if you aren't willing to join and change it from within then quit talking shit about it on the Internet.

Not digging at you for bringing it up, just wish you didn't have any of the material to bring up in the first place and now it's ballbusting watching this cover your arse scenario. Every one of them claim that they only volunteer their time for our benefit and they get no personal gain from it whatsoever but when it is obvious that this sort of stuff is only detrimental to Rangers and they are past their sell by date, they fight tooth and nail to keep their "no benefit to them" positions.

Whether all the allegations are true or no, it's obvious that there is something not right here, and the RST can never go forward as it is, so why don't these so called "selfless volunteers" say "Fuck it, if the majority of you don't want our help we're off".

Again, not a dig at you in the slightest.

Fair enough I can accept that.

And yes the average fan appears to be coming to this conclusion which simply damages the RST.

And you make a valid point but without a suitable vehicle to discuss it the only option is on here.

Maybe Mr Dingwall should engage in debate and state his case in person on a neutral site or venue.

Who knows...we may have got it all wrong and he is indeed the innocent victim and always has been.

given it was for a charity event their has to be a good chance they were delighted to help. most big companies like to do a fair bit for charity.