More of a threat from midfield?

dummiesoot

I agree. Super Lee's doing well breaking up play and actually played a few good final balls, but I think we do need more of a goal threat from midfield. Stevie Davis isn't it, he's an amazing player, but he couldnae finish his dinner! (Aberdeen at home last season aside :P)

Er.. Naismith has been contributing assists and goals, Messi McCulloch has a good few assists, and Davis is consistent - we could always do better but not much wrong in terms of contribution so far from the middle

I don't think so much with assists and such, but goals I think we could do with a few more of from the midfield.

Davis has struggled this season, not sure why

McCulloch has been his usual excellent consistant self

Weiss has been in and out, more games will improve his performances and supply/contribution to the team

Naismith has scored goals and done great so far this season

Edu doesnt get enough game time for us to make an honest opinion of his contribution, i think hes more than decent, pretty good actually.

Hutton looks like he could be a wee cracker, just needs to keep playing well when given games.

Our wee genius is the one who is off his game, Davis needs to up his game, second half yesterday he was much better, but hes been missing all season so far, i think.

I think we are strong in midfield, very strong.

Midfield has been lacking goals for years, i wish Davis would shoot more often he's got a good dig on him

Davis gets in to a lot of decent position's at time for a shot but 9/10 times decided to pass it instead for some reason.

Davis gets in to a lot of decent position's at time for a shot but 9/10 times decided to pass it instead for some reason.

Shooting from range is alot about bottle, having the balls to shoot on sight, its a great attribute to have, but imagine the stick he would get if 8 tiems out of 10 he was missing target, especially from Rangers fans inside Ibrox, maybe he knows this.

Shooting from range is alot about bottle, having the balls to shoot on sight, its a great attribute to have, but imagine the stick he would get if 8 tiems out of 10 he was missing target, especially from Rangers fans inside Ibrox, maybe he knows this.

To be fair, I think the only reason he doesn't shoot is because he's usually terrible at it.

He has a lot of fantastic attributes, shooting aint one of them.

To be fair, I think the only reason he doesn't shoot is because he's usually terrible at it.

He has a lot of fantastic attributes, shooting aint one of them.

Well i kind of said that to be fair. 8/10 missing target. As a club and team though, we dont score enough from outside the box.

Well i kind of said that to be fair. 8/10 missing target. As a club and team though, we dont score enough from outside the box.

McCulloch is probably the player with the best long shot on him. That says it all really!

But I'm not too bothered if the midfield are providing assists and the strikers are scoring.

EDIT: Davis did score a peach of a goal against the sheep at Ibrox last season though.

McCulloch is probably the player with the best long shot on him. That says it all really!

But I'm not too bothered if the midfield are providing assists and the strikers are scoring.

EDIT: Davis did score a peach of a goal against the sheep at Ibrox last season though.

Thats 1 goal though, he should be contributing more as he is our creative focal point from middle to front. Shooting has always been a problem for us since the Advocaat days, even under McLiesh, he even stated the players didnt like hitting dead balls, when questioned on set pieces and penalties. Incredible stuff. I still think its about bottle.

We could do with a few more players chipping in. Not sure about our midfield being weaker. The addition of Weiss is welcome and would like to see Hutton and Wylde get more game time which will supplement the players we lost in the summer

I think the midfield is stronger, we just haven't hit top form yet, and at times, is all over the place.

Weiss has been added, Naismith is playing well and there is no Lafferty on the left. However, I think we struggle at times, mainly due to the central midfield pairing and our defence, which IMO, is a worry.

I agree, the midfield needs to chip in with goals, but it's been that way for a number of seasons now.

Not sure I agree, maybe a few more goals yes. But Naismith, Davis and Weiss are all very good with running with the ball at their feet. They could finish some, but pass it to others in better positions.

Kenny's second at HIVS - Weiss

Jelavic's first yesterday - Naismith

Kenny's second yesterday - Davis

They could all of had a pop and maybe scored, but are doing their primary job as midfielders, creating and then giving the ball to players who are better finishers in better position.

One thing that does do my tits in, is when we pussyfoot about the edge box and pass it about before it all breaks down, when someone should just of stood up and took a dig.