Wednesday quiz

MisterC

I know this one. The founders were sitting on the banks of the Rio de la Plata and decided the colours would be the same as the next ship that came up the river. It was Swedish, so the colours were yellow and blue :sherlock:

Well done mate although there is more to it than that. Boca and another team were playing a decider over who should wear certain colours and the teams decided before the match that the loser would have to adopt the clolors of the next ship to arrive in dock. Well done mate, although if I find out you googles that, a boot in the baws will be sent to you! Got this from the Guardian in the 'knowledge' column which is always a good read :D

Boca are my fave argentine team, used to watch the argentinian league on Fox Sports when I lived in Canada, was always great to watch, wish we got more Argentine football here in the UK, so much more fun to watch than other leagues including the EPL.

If it is a pub quiz, nothing to stop you using this one! Its not a bad question to ask. :)

heres another one. Which RM members dad, strictly speaking, scored the first goal of the 9iar era?

That's a question more suited to a football board than a pub quiz, at least the type of pub quiz I'll be hosting!

Not a clue about that question..

Gary Stevens is the player who the records say scored the first goal but the reality is not as straightforward as that.

@BP, good answer but no its 'audit'. An audit of accountants, just when you thought accountants (or indeed my good self) couldnt be any more boring.....

If it is a pub quiz, nothing to stop you using this one! Its not a bad question to ask. :)

heres another one. Which RM members dad, strictly speaking, scored the first goal of the 9iar era?

Gary Stevens - Home to Hamilton Accies I think it was.