No thanks to the SPL

mark1963

Playing on a Sunday away then Sat lunch time away - they had better not spout pish about wanting to help Scottish teams /coefficients etc. In a sane world we would be assisted in every way - I thought it was evident we tired after about an hours slog on a heavy pitch - it was evident which team were better rested .

Surely it would have been fairer to schedule the fixtures for us to have played Sat before /Sun after but no it has to be the hardest way possible - not many other countries would be like this . Better not whinge too much or sporting integrity will raise its ugly head

WELL DONE RANGERS - in spite of your league.( Animal rights people would have been up in arms with the amount of games we had to play in the title run up around the Manchester final)

I did find it quite strange that with a midweek champions league game being played we play Sunday and then earliest possible on Saturday.

Hopefully the players get enough rest for the weekend

I did find it quite strange that with a midweek champions league game being played we play Sunday and then earliest possible on Saturday.

Hopefully the players get enough rest for the weekend

Realise its the TV money but surely with a bit of imagination we could have been better accomodated - SAT lunch time game even . I am probably still bitter from the Manchester run in when i consider the league stolen from us.

It's been shown on several occasions that the SPL are simply not willing to help Rangers maximise Scotland's potential in Europe.

The UEFA Cup run is a prime example. Even this year, we've been given five away games out of six when returning from the Champions League. Had Celtic made the group stages of the either competition, they'd have had five home games out of six.

Not one for conspiracy theories, but let's be honest about it........

There's lowering yourself and there's standing up for the club.

The boys will stand up for the club by taking 3 points at tynecastle. I just don't think any conspiracy theories regarding unfair fixture lists are worth complaining about. We have to win regardless.

The boys will stand up for the club by taking 3 points at tynecastle. I just don't think any conspiracy theories regarding unfair fixture lists are worth complaining about. We have to win regardless.

There's no conspiracy. It's just utterly crazy that the two league games bookending a Euro fixture are at the closest possible times to said fixture. Surely the league have to think about changing their policy, or Sky or ESPN or whoever should at least wait until the Euro fixtures are compiled before setting their TV schedule.

There's no conspiracy. It's just utterly crazy that the two league games bookending a Euro fixture are at the closest possible times to said fixture. Surely the league have to think about changing their policy, or Sky or ESPN or whoever should at least wait until the Euro fixtures are compiled before setting their TV schedule.

(tu) yeah these games could definitely have been moved to the sunday. But we have got momentum and I'm sure 3 points will still be what we take.

I really don't see why we have any fair reason to complain about why we have to play five away games out of six after champions league fixtures...I think it has something to do with maintaining the integrity of the SPL competition. :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I thought we were playing Hearts on Sunday. I just looked on the official site and saw that it's Saturday at 12pm - fcuking joke.

Not ideal, but we just have to get on with it. Go to Tynecastle and pick up all three points.

haha magic^

Where did I see the other day that the SPL was open to talk with Rangers on moving fixtures to help them with the Champions League campaign?

Cant find it now, but about damn time

Rangers are the SPLs only hope