***The Official Hearts v The Champions Thread***

Muff

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter Smith has tried to freshen things up at Tynecastle before and been pumped. Barry Ferguson was on the bench as was Cousin, I think? and we got hammered 4-2.

Just play the strongest team. Edu and McCulloch in midfield is not the anwser. I'd rather move wee Naismith into an attacking center mid role next to McCulloch if Walter wants to rest Davis.

would agree with that mate

why the fuck a 12 pm kickoff, considering we fucking played on Wednesday night ?

also about the Bradfoot comment, I thought he was solid at Sheepland aswell

What time would you have it? Its live on ESPN and UEFA rules state NO live football is to be broadcast on Satuday between 2:45pm and 5:15pm (5:30KO? - not exactly great time). If its not 12 noon Saturday, we have Saturday night at 5:15pm we could have played it, Sunday ESPN have Man City v Newcaslte from 12:30pm and have Sarasens v Leicestire tigers at 4PM and Inter v Juv after that live so no room on Sunday.

While it is not ideal, its the only slot availible to us to hold the match.

Walter Smith has tried to freshen things up at Tynecastle before and been pumped. Barry Ferguson was on the bench as was Cousin, I think? and we got hammered 4-2.

Just play the strongest team. Edu and McCulloch in midfield is not the anwser. I'd rather move wee Naismith into an attacking center mid role next to McCulloch if Walter wants to rest Davis.

Completely agree (tu)

We should win this, but WS will freshen up the team a bit.

I expect to see Jelavic and Weiss both start. Lafferty will play some if not all of the game too. I have a feeling that Hutton may play a part here as well.

Do you think Miller will get the whole game or will Beattie step in?

How is everyone feeling about this game, I am not as confident as previous weeks but hopefully the teddy's surprise me!!

Same could have been said about Aberdeen and look what we did there!

I think Weiss will start, we were all saying he probably wouldn't start against Aberdeen and well he did!

Jelavic will definitely start, and I think Miller will start with him and then if things are going well get subbed in the second half with Beattie (if fit) getting a run out.

Lafferty will probably start on the bench, but would like to see him come on some time to give Naismith a rest, would also like Davis to at least start the game but again get taken off a bit early and hopefully replaced by Hutton.

It will all depend on what the scoreline is at the time though!

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :mcculloch: :Naismith:

:jelavic: :miller:

Ridiculous time for a kick-off IMO, I just hope the players are fully recovered, and don't take 30 odd minutes to get going. Not been impressed with Whittaker, so he should make way for Broadfoot (who was poor at Pittodrie but solid last night). Weiss and Jelavic in, to add a bit of freshness, and quality.

Another tough game, but we need to keep this winning run going!

could also give weir a rest and start with webster

Bougherra will be fine. He was training today. And I would rather have Broadfoot at CB than robot man Webster!

No chance. He's had a couple of good games recently at full back but anytime he's went to center half he's went on a one man destruction mode.

No chance. He's had a couple of good games recently at full back but anytime he's went to center half he's went on a one man destruction mode.

Andy Webster has had 83 minutes of action this season against a first division side at Ibrox. Kirk Broadfoot has played most of the games we have had and has played 2 games in the CL.

For that reason he will be much fitter and sharper than Wesbter. But then again I'm fitter and sharper than Wesbter.

Andy Webster has had 83 minutes of action this season against a first division side at Ibrox. Kirk Broadfoot has played most of the games we have had and has played 2 games in the CL.

For that reason he will be much fitter and sharper than Wesbter. But then again I'm fitter and sharper than Wesbter.

Webster is a better center half than Broadfoot will ever be. Too many people just refuse to give him a chance because of his injury, which is hardly his fault.

I've never seen Broadfoot get a player of the year award recently, playing for a half decent SPL team.

Andy Webster managed to play quite a lot of games for Dundee Utd last season and he played well in some of them games. But now he is at a bigger club, better players to train against every day and the intensity and level of training is far higher than what he was used to at Dundee Utd. That is one of the reasons why he is always injured IMO.

Some rate Webster and others don't. To me he is a waste of a wage and jersey and whoever decided to give him a 3 year contract as well as paying Wigan something like £500,000 for the transfer need their heads checked.

The reason Broadfoot has not won any POTY awards for a half decent SPL side is because he has shown he is capable of playing 20+ games a season and can be relied upon if he is needed. Andy Wesbter is anyhting but reliable.

Andy Webster managed to play quite a lot of games for Dundee Utd last season and he played well in some of them games. But now he is at a bigger club, better players to train against every day and the intensity and level of training is far higher than what he was used to at Dundee Utd. That is one of the reasons why he is always injured IMO.

Some rate Webster and others don't. To me he is a waste of a wage and jersey and whoever decided to give him a 3 year contract as well as paying Wigan something like £500,000 for the transfer need their heads checked.

The reason Broadfoot has not won any POTY awards for a half decent SPL side is because he has shown he is capable of playing 20+ games a season and can be relied upon if he is needed. Andy Wesbter is anyhting but reliable.

There's so much there I disagree with mate.

We will agree to disagree, but Walter will play Webster in place of Bougherra tommorow, if he's out and I'm glad.