Money made already

Gillete

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't find anything on goals scored, but this is from the UEFA site:

Teams competing in the UEFA Champions League group stage this season can expect to receive a minimum amount of €7.2m according to the revenue distribution system in place for the 2010/11 campaign.

Each of the 32 clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League group stage that kicks off on Tuesday will receive a participation bonus of €3.9m, plus a match bonus of €550,000 per group game played. On top of that, the following performance bonuses will be paid: €800,000 for every win and €400,000 for every draw in the group stage.

There are additional payments made to the teams that progress in the competition with €3m the reward for advancing to the round of 16, €3.3m for reaching the quarter-finals and €4.2m for a semi-final place. The winners of the final at Wembley Stadium on 28 May will collect a further €9m, with €5.6m going to the runners-up.

By way of example, any side winning all six group games would earn €15m – comprising €12m for their group stage performance plus €3m for getting to the last 16.

In addition, participating clubs will be entitled to a share of the market pool based on the commercial value of their domestic television market, the number of UEFA Champions League matches they play this season and their final position in the domestic league table last term. They will also keep their UEFA Champions League gate receipts.

Each of the 20 teams that contested the play-offs has received €2.1m.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1528290.html

I find it incredible

Here we have a chance ( if we are 3rd ) to go and try win a European trophy snd people say it's this , that , micky mouse etc etc

It's mental

supporters are every bad as the overpaid greedy sods that have ruined the working mans game

It was all about the glory of going to Europe and beating teams and representing our club as players and fans , us v them

Nowadays it's how much money you can earn .... " I'll take the cash please " and get pumped out in the last 16 or 32 and be happy with your run

well I want rangers to win everything , Glasgow cup , tiddlywinks , anything

People happy with earning cash and getting beat in the Europa leave aren't the same fans and people I knew when I fell In love with the rangers

We aren't going to win the Champions League or the UEFA Cup though.

I'm realistic. Perhaps that's a problem, but I'd rather give ourselves the best chance of securing the league title.

We aren't going to win the Champions League or the UEFA Cup though.

I'm realistic. Perhaps that's a problem, but I'd rather give ourselves the best chance of securing the league title.

Papa as much as it pains me to say we will never EVER ever ever win the UEFA cup tongue.gif

The league title is most important definitely, but imagine if we got to another European final in such a short space of time :pipe:

Especially as one final is at Wembley and the other is over in Ireland :D

A final in Dublin would be a good laugh, but if you thought that Manchester brought the arseholes out in force, I hate to imagine what sort of tarnished reputation we'd have after a final in Dublin.

It would be carnage and even if it wasn't the fault of our 'fans', we'd get stuck with the blame.

A final in Dublin would be a good laugh, but if you thought that Manchester brought the arseholes out in force, I hate to imagine what sort of tarnished reputation we'd have after a final in Dublin.

It would be carnage and even if it wasn't the fault of our 'fans', we'd get stuck with the blame.

I would imagine all Rangers fans would need to show travel club membership and others who recived tickets would get a special travel club pass type thing to be shown at airports and no other bears would be allowed over without 1 imo.

If this were ever to happen

My calculations tell me that their furthest away trip this year will be Inverness pipeb.gif

Papa please remember they are in the Scottish cup and may face a team from further north, if they succesfully negotiate the first few rounds

I would imagine all Rangers fans would need to show travel club membership and others who recived tickets would get a special travel club pass type thing to be shown at airports and no other bears would be allowed over without 1 imo.

If this were ever to happen

They'll find a way though. It doesn't HAVE to be Rangers fans, as Manchester highlighted.

You simply can't stop a football hooligan (unless they're known) from going over a few days early for a 'holiday', can you?

I find it incredible

Here we have a chance ( if we are 3rd ) to go and try win a European trophy snd people say it's this , that , micky mouse etc etc

It's mental

supporters are every bad as the overpaid greedy sods that have ruined the working mans game

It was all about the glory of going to Europe and beating teams and representing our club as players and fans , us v them

Nowadays it's how much money you can earn .... " I'll take the cash please " and get pumped out in the last 16 or 32 and be happy with your run

well I want rangers to win everything , Glasgow cup , tiddlywinks , anything

People happy with earning cash and getting beat in the Europa leave aren't the same fans and people I knew when I fell In love with the rangers

More realistically I want us to win the league.

They'll find a way though. It doesn't HAVE to be Rangers fans, as Manchester highlighted.

You simply can't stop a football hooligan (unless they're known) from going over a few days early for a 'holiday', can you?

I suppose mate. Its a tough 1 for all involved after what happened down the road.

Do you think Rangers security staff would plan ahead? Or would it be another shambles and last minute decision? Surely they have had to have some plan ready IF it where to happen?

I suppose mate. Its a tough 1 for all involved after what happened down the road.

Do you think Rangers security staff would plan ahead? Or would it be another shambles and last minute decision? Surely they have had to have some plan ready IF it where to happen?

At Manchester Rangers did plan ahead in conjunction with Strathclyde police, it was the authorities in Manchester who ignored/didn't believe the advice that they had been given.

I'd be amazed if they'd even thought about it at the moment mate.

But I have absolutely no idea how they'd go about policing it. I can't imagine there would be many people in Dublin happy to see us anyway, I dread to think what would kick off.

However, both in terms of finances AND success in the league, the (sad) reality is that getting papped out in the last 16 of the Champions League suits us.

At Manchester Rangers did plan ahead in conjunction with Strathclyde police, it was the authorities in Manchester who ignored/didn't believe the advice that they had been given.

I was just coming into edit my post. Damn you

I'd be amazed if they'd even thought about it at the moment mate.

But I have absolutely no idea how they'd go about policing it. I can't imagine there would be many people in Dublin happy to see us anyway, I dread to think what would kick off.

However, both in terms of finances AND success in the league, the (sad) reality is that getting papped out in the last 16 of the Champions League suits us.

I was looking at this last night, whilst watching the EL games.

There are some top drawer clubs in the EL, however they seem half hearted and not too bothered about the game. Altho Juventus seemed happy enough when scoring agaisnt City. Its not really were i want Rangers to be.

At the moment we have imo the best technical team in our group to play in a double header. Our record against Spanish teams isnt the best, altho the players will be going into their 3rd game in this new formation and know what to expect. IF we could take 3 points at home, we would have a 4 point lead over Valencia, meaning they would more or less HAVE to beat us in Spain.

That would then leave us in a great position and again as the groups stand there are some teams that we could give a right good run for their money. We would have Jelavic back and could maybe play differently and mix it up abit. I dont see the last 16 IF we made it being the end. Obviously draw dependent. I know im being over optimistic but thats how i see it at this moment in time

a good estimation of finance from group stages this year; last year we collected just over £14m from the money from UEFA which included 2 draws, so this year were going to get £14 million+ definite now after the win against bursaspor, and no doubt we'll pick up more prize money along the way :crabflute: