Who is worried about going to turkey?

KingKirk

Anyone that's worried should stay at home. Your going to follow the Rangers, not worry about what the Turkish might or might not do.

I don't think there will be any trouble, personally.

I Should be fine mate as u say, just never been their so dont really know what to expect

I had some bother in Istanbul last time I was there.

Taxi driver trying to rip me off by saying - you gave me a 5, then showing the 5 note, not a 50 which I had just handed him. Classic switch. I told him to just drive to nearest cop shop til I got them to deal with him. He then miraculously found the 50 I had given him.

Best advice is don't wander about at night on your own, especially if you've had a bevvy - same for any travel to the big games. Other than that it will be fine. They expect British punters to be drunk and noisy, so they wont be disappointed!!

:crabflute:

WATP

would never step foot in turkey after going to the fenebache game

was treated like an animal with the local police who were very young

and thought they were gangsters.watch the taxi drivers robbing bastards

and dont disrespect the turkish flag or culture as they will come down

hard on you. but if you go i hope you have a trouble free trip. w.a.t.p

Travelling in any country is all about common sense. How would you conduct yourself if you found yourself behind enemy lines.

Find and locate where other supporter are gathering or congregating, as there is safety in number.

Don`t get isolated i.e.be the last to leave

Drink to enjoy yourself not to get drunk

Be suspicious of new found friend as there is no such thing as instant friends and remember it is there country

But above all enjoy yourself and the experience

Travelling in any country is all about common sense. How would you conduct yourself if you found yourself behind enemy lines.

Find and locate where other supporter are gathering or congregating, as there is safety in number.

Don`t get isolated i.e.be the last to leave

Drink to enjoy yourself not to get drunk

Be suspicious of new found friend as there is no such thing as instant friends and remember it is there country

But above all enjoy yourself and the experience

I tend to do the opposite - get in amomgst the locals and experience the culture and keep away from the rockets.

And that comes with experience of almost 80 trips.

My motto - Avoid the Main Square at all costs.

Also the bit about being suspicious of new friends.

I know what your saying, but I've met many decent people that way. A lot of foreigners are just different people to us and our mentalities and don't mind helping strangers they have just met.

There's defo some bad eggs you need to watch, but I don't tar them all with the same brush. It's still good to keep your wits about you, though.

Also the bit about being suspicious of new friends.

I know what your saying, but I've met many decent people that way. A lot of foreigners are just different people to us and our mentalities and don't mind helping strangers they have just met.

There's defo some bad eggs you need to watch, but I don't tar them all with the same brush. It's still good to keep your wits about you, though.

Until ye get steamin :beer1:

we were the first fans [ and i mean the first ] as we were indy; and got there on the monday morning. to go to turkey after the two leeds fans were killed. we were in the same street as it happend on the first night; and had no bother at all. in the bars etc

turkey is no different than anywhere in the world go looking it and it will find you

we were the first fans [ and i mean the first ] as we were indy; and got there on the monday morning. to go to turkey after the two leeds fans were killed. we were in the same street as it happend on the first night; and had no bother at all. in the bars etc

turkey is no different than anywhere in the world go looking it and it will find you

The leeds fans did the worst thing they could have done over in turkey. the mooned them all when the ledds bus was going past all the turkish fans. and when you do that,thats you fucked. it's like the biggest insult you can give them. is this true.? i saw this on the real football factories once.