Fartin o'feel

Dennis

Leicester City are in talks with Sven-Goran Eriksson and Martin O'Neill as they search for a replacement for Paulo Sousa, who left the club today. Eriksson is currently without a job after leading Ivory Coast at the World Cup in South Africa while the former Leicester manager O'Neill walked out of Aston Villa five days before the start of this season.

Leicester said in a statement on their official website today that they expect to make a "quick appointment" following the surprise announcement that Sousa was leaving the club only a few months into his reign.

In fact, Sousa talked only yesterday about how he felt he had the support of the players, despite only one league win in nine games this season. Leicester are bottom of the Championship after two straight defeats, conceding 10 goals in the process.

"Of course everyone is sad for the results, but the feedback I receive every day from the players is strong about spirit and effort and supporting each other," he said yesterday. "I feel support for myself and my ideas, especially from the players, and that is the main thing. As a manager the main thing is to feel that the players support you and your ideas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/01/martin-oneill-sven-goran-eriksson-leicester