Rangers Anti Football article

Superb read!

"It's more obvious why I've started to think of the outgoing Rangers manager as "Uncle Football". And Lionel Messi remains a poor wee boy who couldn't score at Ibrox."

Great ending. (tu)

Enjoyed that article and some good valid points made.

What seems to be forgotten is that we were forced to play without jelavic that night due to crazy rules

yet we have had to play without a top quality striker and havent brought it up as an excuse

unlike man utd with half their team missing etc.

In the Spl it cold be argued that we enjoy the luxury of having better players than other teams in the league

and many teams have parked the bus and did the same to us.

That is reality and the brainless anti football brigade need to look further back

England v Poland world cup qualifier 1973 at wembley poland got to the world cup instead of england

because they took everything thrown at them that night and emerged winners - yet that wasnt called anti football then ?

Man U parked the bus on Wednesday, in Rio's words, "kept it tight at the back without giving them a decent chance at goal, granted we never did much ourselves" so there you go, Sir Alex copied Uncle Walter.

That, is a tremendous article. Well done to Alex Anderson.:praise:

100% spot on.

btw: Man U set up against Valencia for a draw the other night. Played as anti football as you will see apparently. (I did not see the match. I just heard about it via Canadian commentators at half time). And? Snuck a 1-0 victory. Anti-Footbal by Sir Alex?: No.. Brilliant managing no doubt. Just like Jose.

Ah well. I'll take our Anti Football all the way to Wembley. I'd take Dublin as well. But, this is our year. Once we get into the last 16 and we unleash Jela on the CL? Look out.

Great article.

Just been reading thru some of the comments. Check out this one from a Yank (Arsenal supporter btw)

I was impressed that Rangers could visit Old Trafford, one of the most difficult venues to play at and against one of the best football clubs on Earth and hold Man Utd to a draw. WOW! On that night Rangers FC were equal to Man Utd, every manager in the world should strive for that lofty goal.

Some folks on this planet actually DO have some common sense after all? We, of course, know this instinctively.

Was that the old 'Fat Eck' blog? That was a quality blog...

Fat Ecks blogs were spot on, if they show up anywhere try to find the helicopter Sunday one (Easter Road)is was an all time classic.

I thought he wrapped them up to go and write a book, used to look forward to his rants/words of wisdom.

(unless he is writing about sewing quilts(Amazon), Alex Anderson has not so far wrote a book)

Fat Ecks blogs were spot on, if they show up anywhere try to find the helicopter Sunday one (Easter Road)is was an all time classic.

I thought he wrapped them up to go and write a book, used to look forward to his rants/words of wisdom.

(unless he is writing about sewing quilts(Amazon), Alex Anderson has not so far wrote a book)

Yes he has.

Barcelona, Here We Come