The run up to Christmas

cam69r

The coming month of football could prove to be pivotal in our season. We have a champions league game with Valencia which could make our break our push for the last 16 and we have to go to Parkhead in which could be the game where one of the Old Firm drop points for the first time. We also have games against Hearts and Kilmarknock away while Motherwell and Inverness.

November gets no easier with some massive games in the Champions League and away to Dundee United and Home to Aberdeen and Hibs followed by the conclusion of the champions league in the middle of December.

My point is that we will NOT still be undeafeted come Christmas time but it won't be the end of the world. We are on such a high after a great start to the season but as the games pile in and the pressure mounts and we start drawing a game or two and perhaps suffer defeat in the Champions League games it will be important to not turn on the players.

Everyone who has been on this forum for a while knows that even after a draw in the SPL it's "Walter out" and "Lafferty should never play for us again" and "Miller is back to his usual shite" etc. A season in football is a marathon not a sprint so keep behind the team and we will be repayed.

(p.s the above was written on a fairly accurate assumtion we will drop points, if we win the rest of the games from now and Christmas I will streak at New Years OF game). ;)

What if you just are really looking forward to christmas, like me. :lol:

But seriously I aggree with you, but for anyone it is hard for any rangers fan not to get excited; 6 wins out of 6 and an impressive start to Europe.

The only thing I am dubious about is the hell of a work load the players will have to put in. I mean at the moment Rangers are involved in every tournament that they can at the moment in scotland plus one of the biggest football competitions in the world, The strain on a small squad must be immense. I think even by the end of the month fatigue might be taking its toll.

There you go a little down to earther, that I already highly regret thinking about. :disappointment:

We have a stronger squad than you may think with Webster, Lafferty, Jelavic, Weiss, Wylde, Hutton, B'foot all in reserve.

We may get beat in the CL or we may surprise ourselves, but we will be hard to break down.

In the SPL with Jelavic and Weiss we will win our games I believe and I also think Hutton is a real good player in midfield.

Yes there may be an odd bump, but overall we will do fine.

We have a stronger squad than you may think with Webster, Lafferty, Jelavic, Weiss, Wylde, Hutton, B'foot all in reserve.

We may get beat in the CL or we may surprise ourselves, but we will be hard to break down.

In the SPL with Jelavic and Weiss we will win our games I believe and I also think Hutton is a real good player in midfield.

Yeah i agree, i think we will do fine too and that was the point i was trying to make but failing to. There will be bumps but come the end of the season i think we will be champions. That's why its important to accept that we might hiccup and not to get on the teams back too much.

(tu) I agree