Ironic isn't it ?

mmrfc1873

What's all this stuff about 'gurus' TWB?

It's just football fans giving opinions, you're almost talking as if having a negative opinion on a player is arrogant.

It wasn't just negative opinions about Charlie Adam. It was personal abuse he got from certain people both at the games and on here.

I tend to believe that Big Kyle is indeed turning a corner. Walter has said so, Ally has as well. His play recently (Hibs aside) has been very, very good.

Nasey always had it. Injuries interrupted his progress. But he is now the player we hoped when we signed him. And, there is a lot more to come from him as well. He is now only settled in. 2 years from now? POTY in Scotland. Easy.

It wasn't just negative opinions about Charlie Adam. It was personal abuse he got from certain people both at the games and on here.

Exactly, some of which was just way, way too far.

he was shite for us. simple as that,he's under no pressure from fans when playing for blackpool,he was with us.

He was certainly not "shite" for us, not at all. You just answered why he struggled with us, Blackpool are under NO pressure, they can attack freely and play expansive football because they have that type of manager and are not under pressure from media and fans to win evewry game, we dont, we have a manager who makes sure we dont get beat first, before winning and were also a team who carry so much pressure to win every game, Charlie does not suit a defensive mind set, that was not his fault, i happen to think he would love and thrive playing in this current Rangers team with Edu and McCulloch mopping up behind him, the boy DID NOT let us down, our own fans did! They were a disgrace with him, the same as Hutton, Whittaker, Lafferty and the rest, our fans are very harsh on OUR OWN players. The atmosphere at Ibrox can be poisonous whens fans start their rubbish.

ive always thought Naisy would need a full pre season for him to get any where near back to his best and after recent performances it seems he can step up and it also seems Kyle is trying to prove me worng and lose me money but even if he costs me money then i'll be a happy man

He was certainly not "shite" for us, not at all. You just answered why he struggled with us, Blackpool are under NO pressure, they can attack freely and play expansive football because they have that type of manager and are not under pressure from media and fans to win evewry game, we dont, we have a manager who makes sure we dont get beat first, before winning and were also a team who carry so much pressure to win every game, Charlie does not suit a defensive mind set, that was not his fault, i happen to think he would love and thrive playing in this current Rangers team with Edu and McCulloch mopping up behind him, the boy DID NOT let us down, our own fans did! They were a disgrace with him, the same as Hutton, Whittaker, Lafferty and the rest, our fans are very harsh on OUR OWN players. The atmosphere at Ibrox can be poisonous whens fans start their rubbish.

Indeed, because their our own players they're above critisism.

With the money professionall footballers are paid they should be able to handle some stick from the crowd.

Indeed, because their our own players they're above critisism.

With the money professionall footballers are paid they should be able to handle some stick from the crowd.

Not at Rangers, our fans throw horrific muck at our own players, whether they deserve it or not and it wasnt just "some stick", it was vitriolic bile and very personal insults too. It was disgusting the treatment that young lad took. But hey, he got paid a wage so hes there to be insulted and slaughered! Some of our fans make me sick.

The manager sold him, not the fans. Lafferty gets abuse but the manager rates him, so he gets the chance to stay and improve.

Adam's problem for me was always his lack of mobility by the way. Which he seems to have rectified to some extent down there.

The manager sold him, not the fans. Lafferty gets abuse but the manager rates him, so he gets the chance to stay and improve.

Adam's problem for me was always his lack of mobility by the way. Which he seems to have rectified to some extent down there.

He's rectified because he is playing in his proper position - and not shunted out wide like he was here a lot of the time.

I know the club sold him (500k :anguish: ) but some of the abuse he got was way beyond the pale.

He's rectified because he is playing in his proper position - and not shunted out wide like he was here a lot of the time.

I know the club sold him (500k :anguish: ) but some of the abuse he got was way beyond the pale.

He would definitely have suited a different system - one with three in the middle or something - but, regarding the abuse, I think it follows a familiar pattern. It's always the wide players like full backs or wingers who get it. I think it's simply because they are right next the fans (those in the GF in particular).

i think we got robbed when we sold him on.

That maybe the case but I'm sure we have 20% of next fee, so when his blackpool journey end, which it will, I think he will get them 5mil to another prem team. It was a shame he left because hed be starting at cm for us now and we would have the set piece expert I'm craving on another thread

That maybe the case but I'm sure we have 20% of next fee, so when his blackpool journey end, which it will, I think he will get them 5mil to another prem team. It was a shame he left because hed be starting at cm for us now and we would have the set piece expert I'm craving on another thread

As am i and i agree. %20 sell on, if true, is ok, its decent, i cant see him moving for anything less than £5m if im being honest, so it may only be another £1m max if the sell on is true, i still think if he was still here, he would be worth more than that £1.5m we may or may not get for him.

I'd hope so. How do you know?

Sorry I don't have a quote to refer to but I remember when he was sold that being included in some article either referring to or quoting martin bain...hardly in the know but if true 20% will be good. Bpool will stay up this season and go down the next charlie will be sold by then

Back on topic, if laff was to work hard on freekicks, I'm sure he could be a danger with both feet. All that boy needs to do is get his head down and practice his weaknesses and he will be the star I want him to be. Naisy is going to be the star of our team at this rate I hope

That the 2 Rangers players who most RM member's (including myself) wanted out during the transfer window are the 2 that saved us yesterday :lol: :lol: :craphead:. Let's hope they both keep it up.

I wasn't aware that 'most' RM members wanted any particular player or players out during the window.

Did it come to you in a dream?

If Charlie Adam had knuckled down on his fitness as he done under PLG then he'd still be here.

Simple as that. He has the talent, but his fitness and consistency just wasn't good enough for us at the time.

If Charlie Adam had knuckled down on his fitness as he done under PLG then he'd still be here.

Simple as that. He has the talent, but his fitness and consistency just wasn't good enough for us at the time.

Seems a strange coincidence that his fitness dropped only when Walter was Manager.