Gow straight replacement for Prso?

bunter

Do you think Alan Gow will slot straight into Prso's role and play a supporting role to Boyd? Is he this kind of player? I've no seen enough of him tae know. If not the it looks like we'll need ANOTHER striker.

Guest orangpendek

i would have hoped gow was a straight replacement for novo, except that unlike nacho gow can control a ball and pass to a team-mate. if he puts in as much effort as novo, he'll be some player.

Do you think Alan Gow will slot straight into Prso's role and play a supporting role to Boyd? Is he this kind of player? I've no seen enough of him tae know. If not the it looks like we'll need ANOTHER striker.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Im not a great fan of Prso coz he reminds me of a headless chicken but Gow couldnt lace that chickens boots (beer)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Im not a great fan of Prso coz he reminds me of a headless chicken but Gow couldnt lace that chickens boots (beer)

no any mair fish, prso is a sad shadow of his former self. If he wis a car he'd have been scrapped long time ago.

I thought Gow was a more SPL suited version of Buffel? Eiteher way he will be a good player to have in the squad.

Yeah, Gow will more than likely play off the strikers in a withdrawn role. But he can play wide or up front as well if necessary. To be honest, I think he'll be more of a squad player than a first pick anyway.

was impressed with Gow when he played at Ibrox couple weeks ago can play on either wing, good pace and he can hold the ball up although a think and a hope he will take Adams position wide left he will be a much better option than Adam!! He also played well against Celtic last week and he looks like a good signing and he will only improve with better players around him

FISH, how many times have you seen Gow play? doh

A couple times against us and once against the scum the other week when they were pure pesh and he did next tae hee haw and a couple of other games

Listen he is a feckin dud and is not RFC standard so stop kiddin yerself

Under no circumstances will I welcome the likes of him and he will not have my support (beer)

I think that is a shocking attitude to have personally.

Wiz that directed at me...if so thats whit the wife said tae but I dont give a feck coz yeez dont know whit yeez are takin aboot (beer)

Guest therabbitt

I agree with the topic starter, Gow is being lined up as a replacement for Prso, and given time to adjust to playing for a large side, he could prove a useful buy, he is strong, fit, good header of the ball, excellent first touch and can spot a pass. Good players play better with good players, hopefully he can lift his game with some good service. Could prove an astute buy

FISH, how many times have you seen Gow play? doh

A couple times against us and once against the scum the other week when they were pure pesh and he did next tae hee haw and a couple of other games

Listen he is a feckin dud and is not RFC standard so stop kiddin yerself

Under no circumstances will I welcome the likes of him and he will not have my support (beer)

Gow was quite possibly Falkirks best player against us in the last game at Ibrox and against Celtic he was asked to play the role upfront himself and done really well so fish a think ur being a bit harsh and to say a player will not have ur support who is about to pull the Rangers jersey on is also harsh but the end of the day this forums all about opinions

hope no.

I think Gow is average at best.

Get Kovermaan fro AZ Alkmaar and Healy from Leeds

Dont think healy's a good idea mate, 8 goals in 35 games for leeds speaks for itself.

hope no.

Dont think healy's a good idea mate, 8 goals in 35 games for leeds speaks for itself.

That could be just playing with a poor poor side who are not on his level.

22 goals for NI though against some class opposition.

hope no.

That could be just playing with a poor poor side who are not on his level.

22 goals for NI though against some class opposition.

27 goals in 57 appearances for NI, an excellent return for the national team. He's never really played for a big team at top level right enough but dont really think his first step into the big time should be Rangers.

I thought Gow was a more SPL suited version of Buffel? Eiteher way he will be a good player to have in the squad.

I agree with this assessment, however it does not fill the role of starting striker alongside Boyd. I haven't heard of any real targets for a bit now, but we'll see what magic WS conjours up.

Remember he has been playing on the wing for most of his time at Leeds. When he is played through the middle he is prolific. 27 goals from 57 internationals and 44 goals in 138 games for Prestons shows that.

RE: Gow. He is not a star name expensive signing, but there is absolutely no need to take our frustration out on him because he is not what a section of our crowd want. He has obviously played well enough over the course of the season to have attracted interest from a host of clubs including Wolves, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Charlton and West Ham to name but a few. We should back the boy 100%, how can he be expected to make any sort of impact if he goes onto the pitch for his debut knowing that some fans are questioning his ability before he has even kicked a ball for us?

It's ridicilous and quite patethic tbh.

RE: Gow. He is not a star name expensive signing, but there is absolutely no need to take our frustration out on him because he is not what a section of our crowd want. He has obviously played well enough over the course of the season to have attracted interest from a host of clubs including Wolves, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Charlton and West Ham to name but a few. We should back the boy 100%, how can he be expected to make any sort of impact if he goes onto the pitch for his debut knowing that some fans are questioning his ability before he has even kicked a ball for us?

Excellent post. Let's judge this guy in March '08 rather than March '07 when he is yet to play a game for us!

Excellent post. Let's judge this guy in March '08 rather than March '07 when he is yet to play a game for us!

Can you not judge him by his performances for the mighty Falkirk.....let me help ye along

He is pesh and not RFC standard just one more donkey, there ye go de ye feel better noo that yiv spat it oot :Animation44:

Obviously he has been pish I mean why would oursleves, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Bolton, Charlton, West Ham, Wolves, Norwich and Levante all have had a look at him over the past few months? :rolleyes: It is very rare that you see a player attract that much interest wether he is out of contract or not!