The Mighty Liverpool F.C.

I do really like Hodgson but listening to people talk about Liverpool, you'd think they had a shite team!

See when you actually have a look at the side;

Torres

Cole Gerrard Jovanovic

Poulsen Meireles

Konchesky Carragher Skrtel Johnson

Reina

That is a very handy team in my opinion, one that Hodgson should be doing a lot better with.

All top players IMO, who wouldn't look out of place in most big sides across Europe - possibly with the exception of Joe Cole, but very good talent nevertheless.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the AP...

LONDON -- Struggling English Premier League club Liverpool has received two new takeover bids, but the club's American owners are trying to block the other board members from pursuing negotiations.

One bid considered by the board on Tuesday was from the United States and the other was from Asia, a person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because negotiations are ongoing.

The owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team are one of the bidders, Sky Sports News reported.

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks, the former Texas Rangers and current Dallas Stars owner, and George Gillett Jr. won't accept either bid because they are only willing to match the 218.9 million pounds (then $431 million) they paid for the club in 2007 and partially pay down the club's debt which has grown to about 285 million pounds ($453 million).

But the other board members were ready to consider accepting one of the bids on Tuesday. Chairman Martin Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre are now consulting lawyers about taking legal action against Hicks and Gillett.

"The board of directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the club that would repay all its long-term debt," a club statement said. "A board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners -- Tom Hicks and George Gillett -- sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

"This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course."

The statement said that Broughton, Purslow and Ayre will "continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the club at the earliest opportunity."

Red Sox president Larry Lucchino declined comment on whether his team was involved in a bid.

I'm sure LFC fans are eager to have another set of Americans buy them :lol:

Apparently the Yanks have blocked he bids and are sacking the members of the board who had accepted them, so that they can get refinanced on the club by RBS.

The members of the board threatened with sacking released a statement on the LFC website, which lasted about 30 minutes before being deleted, telling everyone exactly what the Yanks were up to. :lol:

In business terms, this has just become an open declaration of war.

• 7 months later...

They will be great next season

Far from great.

They might however manage to finish in a Champions League spot, should they spend wisely in the summer!?

They need a number of positions; right, left and centre back, midfield and a striker, because if Carroll or Saurez get injured, they have nothing.

They need to completely rebuild the defence, Carragher is past his best and no other CB they have is good enough for them to challenge for the title, same goes for their full backs. They have a world-class 'keeper, two top strikers and a few good midfielders, but Liverpool aren't great and really need to strengthen.

I think I read somewhere that they would have won the league had it started at Christmas. Just goes to show what a good job Dalglish has done.

Carroll and Suarez have really impressed me, and I reckon that with a couple of top quality defenders, they could certainly think about a title challenge next year.

post-76-012582900%201285348893.jpg

Liverpool have about £50million to spend in the summer as I understand it. Spend it wisely and they could have a very good team.

Most of that will most likely be spent on Alexis Sanchez.

Suarez and Sanchez playing off of Carrol... Fucking Epic.