My God a good report from the Daily Record!

Actually it is a very good read and complimentary to both Rangers and Hearts regarding the football that is. Would have copied all of it but quite long and some errors on the on-line report.

WHAT do Rangers think they are playing at? Has it not dawned on them yet this is SCOTTISH football?

Right now Walter Smith and his players are in serious danger of taking what is supposed to be the unwatchable and turning into the unmissable.

On Saturday, for the second weekend running, they went into an SPL match - by their very nature meant to be mundane and drab affairs - and made a thriller out of it.

It has to be said they were more than ably assisted by Hearts, just as they had been by Aberdeen at Pittodrie seven days earlier.

And despite the considerable best efforts of the home side, the outcome was the same. The champions came back from behind to put on a performance which, if not quite word perfect, was still pretty much irresistible.

It was not all blood and snotters either, even if this win was underpinned by a gritty sense of character and traditional never-say-die spirit.

No, there is something else about Smith's bunch this season - something refined, classy even. And if they continue to go about their business in this manner, they might just make a mockery of the commonly-held belief our national game is at an all-time low.

More than 15,000 inside a crackling Tynecastle and those watching live on ESPN saw compelling evidence to the contrary.

You could not take your eyes off it. Not from the first whistle until the last kick, five minutes into injury time.

Over and over one thought occurred: If this is as bad as it gets then perhaps we're not in as big a mess as we thought? Damn you Rangers. You'll have us believing in our national team next, just as we go in against the Czech Republic and world champs Spain.

This is Scottish football - blossoming optimism has no place here!

It made for delightful viewing all the same, even if the home fans were left cursing their rotten luck.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2010/10/04/spl-hearts-1-rangers-2-86908-22607416/

Such a good, positive article. What's going on? I'm suspicious.

Administration tommorow mate :P

Na seriously tho, the record aint been as bad as the ET recently. Its true our last 3 games have shown Scottish football maybe shite but The Rangers are not

Guardian gave Naismith blame for Jambos throwing missiles and gave Bouzid Man Of The Match!

Any chance you can copy and paste that snippet into here please? I am on my phone and would quite like to see that.

Any chance you can copy and paste that snippet into here please? I am on my phone and would quite like to see that.

Yes, give me a minute. Its second top story on newsnow.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/hearts-rangers-scottish-premier-league

* Sport

* Football

* Scottish Premier League

Steven Naismith provokes Hearts' fans after winning goal for Rangers

• Missiles thrown, assistant referee hit

• Hearts condemn supporters' misbehaviour

* Reddit

* Buzz up

* Share on facebook (1)

* Guardian report

* Observer report

* Match facts

* Ratings

Scottish Premier

Hearts 1

* Skacel 12

Rangers 2

* Lafferty 80,

* Naismith 90

* Ewan Murray at Tynecastle

* The Guardian, Monday 4 October 2010

* Article history

Stevan Naismith Steven Naismith celebrates after scoring the late wining goal for Rangers against Hearts. Photograph: Chris Clark/PA

Hearts believe Steven Naismith's goal celebrations will feature in the report of the match referee and so limit their inevitable punishment from the Scottish Football Association.

Hearts supporters aimed missiles including coins and lighters at Naismith, who appeared to taunt them after having scored a 94th-minute winner for Rangers. One coin hit Willie Conquer, the assistant referee, with the incident certain to be included in reports filed to both the SFA and the Scottish Premier League.

Senior Hearts officials understand the referee, Craig Thomson, will acknowledge that Naismith behaved provocatively towards the home fans.

"I wasn't hit but I saw a few coins fly by," said Naismith. "I just hit the deck."

Hearts issued a statement condemning the scenes, which read: "This is an utterly unacceptable situation and Hearts will pursue those who have let the good name of the club down.

"We will take very strong action. There is no place at Tynecastle for what happened and we apologise unreservedly to Mr Conquer for the incident."

A fine, possibly suspended, is the most serious sanction Hearts are likely to incur.

After an incident-filled afternoon in Edinburgh, the Hearts manager, Jim Jefferies, also berated Thomson for allowing five minutes of stoppage time. Naismith cared little about that as he maintained Rangers' perfect league record. The former Kilmarnock player, who has endured an injury-plagued time at Ibrox, completed his team's comeback after Rudi Skacel had given Hearts an early lead.

"I know the league table shows that we've won every game so far but it's not as if it is getting any easier," Naismith said.

"It would have lingered for the full two weeks we are away on international duty if we hadn't beaten Hearts. It's never nice to drop points and it would have been a long time before we'd have had the chance to rectify it. It was massive to get the points in the end."

The Rangers duo of Lee McCulloch and Kirk Broadfoot will report for international duty with Scotland this week despite missing the Tynecastle win through injury. McCulloch, who has a hip problem, is suspended for the Scots' game in the Czech Republic on Friday but is wanted by Craig Levein for Spain's visit to Glasgow a week on Tuesday.

Man of the match Ismael Bouzid (Hearts)

@simon and indeed anyone else who is interested.

Steven Naismith provokes Hearts' fans after winning goal for Rangers• Missiles thrown, assistant referee hit

• Hearts condemn supporters' misbehaviour

Hearts believe Steven Naismith's goal celebrations will feature in the report of the match referee and so limit their inevitable punishment from the Scottish Football Association.

Hearts supporters aimed missiles including coins and lighters at Naismith, who appeared to taunt them after having scored a 94th-minute winner for Rangers. One coin hit Willie Conquer, the assistant referee, with the incident certain to be included in reports filed to both the SFA and the Scottish Premier League.

Senior Hearts officials understand the referee, Craig Thomson, will acknowledge that Naismith behaved provocatively towards the home fans.

"I wasn't hit but I saw a few coins fly by," said Naismith. "I just hit the deck."

Hearts issued a statement condemning the scenes, which read: "This is an utterly unacceptable situation and Hearts will pursue those who have let the good name of the club down.

"We will take very strong action. There is no place at Tynecastle for what happened and we apologise unreservedly to Mr Conquer for the incident."

A fine, possibly suspended, is the most serious sanction Hearts are likely to incur.

After an incident-filled afternoon in Edinburgh, the Hearts manager, Jim Jefferies, also berated Thomson for allowing five minutes of stoppage time. Naismith cared little about that as he maintained Rangers' perfect league record. The former Kilmarnock player, who has endured an injury-plagued time at Ibrox, completed his team's comeback after Rudi Skacel had given Hearts an early lead.

"I know the league table shows that we've won every game so far but it's not as if it is getting any easier," Naismith said.

"It would have lingered for the full two weeks we are away on international duty if we hadn't beaten Hearts. It's never nice to drop points and it would have been a long time before we'd have had the chance to rectify it. It was massive to get the points in the end."

The Rangers duo of Lee McCulloch and Kirk Broadfoot will report for international duty with Scotland this week despite missing the Tynecastle win through injury. McCulloch, who has a hip problem, is suspended for the Scots' game in the Czech Republic on Friday but is wanted by Craig Levein for Spain's visit to Glasgow a week on Tuesday.

Man of the match Ismael Bouzid (Hearts)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/hearts-rangers-scottish-premier-league

ps Michael Grant in todays Herald address the 5 mins stoppage time and even gave the reason for it, ie substitutions, time wasting etc. Nice to see there are some who are prepared to state facts. The above article is so one sided its unreal. Ewan Murray is clearly wanting a job at one of the Scottish papers and what better way to go about getting noticed than to slate Rangers at every possible moment.

What a load of shite, Naismith didn't set out to provoke anyone, he was also given the sponsors man of the match award on ESPN, even though in all honesty I thought Bouzid or Kello could have gotten it.

As for the length of time added on, it was the least that we deserved, anytime we were getting into an attacking position the players were just getting hacked down which caused a waste of time and quite rightly added on at the end.

The thing is people are going on about the 5 minutes added time like it was for our benefit. Kevin Kyle had a glorious chance to bury us in stoppage time and didn't take it, we took ours and somehow we are the bad guys?