Kevin Davies makes England squad

Amac9

Ben Foster (Birmingham City), Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City); Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa); Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa); Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

I think he is absolutely terrible. I was reading today that once again after only 7 games into the season he is the 'Dirtiest' player in the EPL with 28 fouls and 4 yellow cards.

Ben Foster (Birmingham City), Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City); Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa); Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa); Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

I'd say only those three are good enough to play in a World Cup winning side.

Thought they would have capped Andy Carroll and tied him down to England.

I see he has also been left out of the U21 squad, hopefully Craig Levein is keeping a eye on this situation.

I thought this meant a jump to the full squad was on the cards. Clearly not. Odd move.

Thought they would have capped Andy Carroll and tied him down to England.

I see he has also been left out of the U21 squad, hopefully Craig Levein is keeping a eye on this situation.

Carroll has said a few times now that he isnt interested in playing for Scotland

Nothing against Kevin Davies - he is a decent player who has a good career.

But this is just Fabio giving into media pressure again. Another average player at the wrong end of his career enters the England setup.

The thing is, England have a lot of good young players, but the reputation of certain more experienced players is so high that they will never get dropped.

England should start trying to build the spine of their team around their young stars; Hart, Cahill, Shawcross, Huddlestone, Wilshere, Johnson, Rodwell, Young, Rooney,

Obviously, you need keep a balance of experience and youth but the England squad of late has consisted of too many average oldish players who will contribute nothing to medium to long-term future.

Capello clearly likes a big lump of hold up player and now Heskey has retired, he's went for Davies.

Fair play to the guy on winning a call-up, I would rather of seen Carroll in there if I was English, but I think the criticism of Davies has been a bit over the top.

I think Davies is a much better player than he's given credit for.

Amazing at what he does. Very good but not great player and definitely not an answer to Englands problems although a much better option than Heskey.

he's not a flair player or one who'll turn the match around with a piece of brilliance, but he's effective at what he does, and the type of player i could see rooney relishing playing alongside.

and also "Mark.", joe hart hasnt proved he is anywhere near good enough to be in a world cup winning side.

The lad deserves his chance imo.

And about the whole Carroll thing, he has stated he doesnt want to play for Scotland, and I for one hope he doesnt. He wants to play for England which is fair enough, Scotland should only select players who want to play, not who only do it cause theyr not good enough for their 1st choice.

Davies spent a lot of his younger career as a number ten, so he's a good footballer.

It's not about the best 11 individuals, it's about what makes the best team. If Davies brings the best out in Rooney and Gerrard, then of course he deserves a chance.

Rooney shouldn't be there on form, but you all know he will be.