Kevin Davies makes England squad

Amac9

he's not a flair player or one who'll turn the match around with a piece of brilliance, but he's effective at what he does, and the type of player i could see rooney relishing playing alongside.

and also "Mark.", joe hart hasnt proved he is anywhere near good enough to be in a world cup winning side.

No England player will be in a World Cup winning side any time soon, but Joe Hart is the best English goalkeepr around just now by a distance.

He is fantastic.

No England player will be in a World Cup winning side any time soon, but Joe Hart is the best English goalkeepr around just now by a distance.

He is fantastic.

i would totally agree with that, he's been outstanding and anyone who can perform well enough to keep given out of the team is going to be class. i was simply saying he's not done enough YET to be nearly good enough for a world cup winning side.

I think all international managers should be thinking about the next world cup when selecting squads as you want your team to peak at that time.

Long term Carroll and Rooney are likely to be England's fornt two, so get them together now so they can develop a partnership.

Kevin Davies will be 34/35 at the next European Championships and 36/7 at the next world cup.

Calling guys like him and Zamora up now is simply a short term fix but long term poison IMO.

And about the whole Carroll thing, he has stated he doesnt want to play for Scotland, and I for one hope he doesnt. He wants to play for England which is fair enough, Scotland should only select players who want to play, not who only do it cause theyr not good enough for their 1st choice.

:praise:

About 6 years too late, IMO. Not that he's past it, but it's a call up that should have been made 6 years ago instead of when he's in the twilight of his career.

Been meaning to ask, who's that in your avatar? I recognise the face, but can't put a name to it.

Kevin Davies, IMO, is a fantastic player who seems to get that bit better by age. He should have played for England years ago.

Everything I wish James Beattie was!

SSN had Harry Redknapp on the phone talking about "the man he managed at Southampton" despite the fact that Davies left Southampton 18 months before Redknapp took over. The crazy thing is that Redknapp actually went along with it. Maybe he actually thinks he did manage him