Defining moment of 2010 WC.

I know this has been done, but it was during the WC with some stuff very fresh in the memory.

For me it was Asamoah Gyan missing his penalty. Best African player of the tournament, fucking up Africas best ever chance of seeing one of their teams in the semis.

On the grand scale, I'd nominate the Suarez incident, Germany's domination of England/Argentina, the Kiwis' heroic performance against Italy..

On a personal level, it's Landon's last minute goal- one of the best sporting moments of my life

I think the England 'goal' was a turning point.

Say what you like about Germany, and I agree that they are the superior team, but there was a 20 minute spell in that match where England absolutely pounded them and that goal should have been the reward.

You simply cannot predict how that game would have panned out if they'd went in 2-2 at the break.

Say what you like about Germany, and I agree that they are the superior team, but there was a 20 minute spell in that match where England absolutely pounded them and that goal should have been the reward.

You simply cannot predict how that game would have panned out if they'd went in 2-2 at the break.

This (tu)

defintately true, the decision was a joke and england looked amazing for that spell!

Having said that the fact that it gave them no drive to go out and do better in the second half after such an incident help show how poor that team really was.

fuck them anyway

It's weird to think that this Spain team full of all his outstanding players is actually one of the least-deserved victors ever :lol:

I dont think i agree with this, who do you think deserved to win the tournament??

They didnt exactly set the tournament alight like we had all hoped but they did knock out the team i thought were the best there in germany and deservedly so. Never watched the final as i was at TITP but it doesnt sound to me as though there was anything in it so i dont know how they can be undeserving

How did you find the vuvuzelas?

to be honest , I loved them and it added to the atmosphere

I've been to old firm games home and away , a uefa cup final and a world cup final in Germany but experiencing a near on 90000 people blowing a vuvuzela was just incredible

better than anything I've ever been to atmosphere wise ( without singing )

It was mind blowing and an experience I'll never get again I'm sure