Alexander For Scotland

G.Linton

Rangers' Allan McGregor will undergo a scan on a thigh injury, but Scotland are confident of avoiding a goalkeeping crisis for their Euro 2012 qualifiers.

Blackpool's Matt Gilks has pulled out of the squad after suffering a dead leg, leading to a first squad call-up for Kilmarnock 24-year-old Cammy Bell.

Oh and Craig Gordon is back too!

If there any reason Neil Alexander has not be called up?

see like the post above about gordon not playing thats what i was thinking...but i guess and can correct me if im wrong but its cause he is 'No 1' for scotland and levins 1st choice?

well exactly so why in gods name is Neil Alexander not in there.

Cammy Bell is in for the same reason Garry Kenneth was, Levein's naivety in thinking decent at best young players outwith the old firm are going to be able to make the massive step up to international football.

Off topic a bit, but Alexander is far too good a keeper to be second choice at Rangers. Not saying he is better than McGregor, just saying he could still command a No. 1 jersey for a big team.

We must be doing something right to keep a player of his quality on the bench.

I hope Neil does get called up, the more Rangers players in the Scotland squad the better but only if they are good enough.

However why the bold parts in the opening post? <cr>

I don't think it would be fair if Craig Gordon just walked back in to start in goals

He should only come back in if McGregor makes a mistake

Like McGregor sat and watched Alexander? when Alan was fit again, oh no thats right, he didnt, McGregor walked right back in! Football and life in general is not fair.

But like i know gordon and mcgregor will be 1st and second ( no order ) and alexander won't play but hes got to be infront of cammy bell surely? IMO!

matt gilks ahead of Alexander IMO he's been top quality for blackpool

so far and I think he could take 2nd place or even 1st

big English clubs will be after him next season

Craig Gordon is a better keeper than Alexander.

Gary Caldwell is just shite, so he doesn't even count.

But I know the point you're trying to make, McGregor (if fit) should be the first choice goalkeeper for the coming games- he's played the most first team football and kept the most clean sheets.

But hes there and will no doubt play, and i agree with you, McGregor should be number 1 for now.

matt gilks ahead of Alexander IMO he's been top quality for blackpool

so far and I think he could take 2nd place or even 1st

big English clubs will be after him next season

i said hes better than cammy bell surely!! i never mentioned gilks in that post you commented on wacko.gif

I hope Neil does get called up, the more Rangers players in the Scotland squad the better but only if they are good enough.

However why the bold parts in the opening post? <cr>

haha sorry about the bold parts im just trying to get used to it bear with me please lol