Would you accept a celtic supporter playing for the club?

BEE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand the question?

If someone is a professional footballer then they'll naturally have to put their support for another team to the back seat, especially if you're playing in the same league as them and you'll play that team a few times a season. You aren't going to get much time to attend their games either when you're playing for someone else.

I think that most professional players put aside their boyhood team support when they are doing their job. If one day they get to play for that club then, fair enough to come out with that stuff. Thats why if I were an Aberdeen fan (apart from wanting to kill myself) I would be furious with the likes of Diamond,Paton and McGhee(in the past) giving it all the selik shite. Theres no way I could support players/managers like that.

I'm fine with players who grew up Celtic fans and probably are still fond of them. I do not believe that such a player exists as one who would sign for us but want them to win against us. That's daft. There's no way Neil McCann wanted Celtic to win when he scored two goals against them to win the league at Parkhead.

Scott McDonald was always pretty public about being a Celtic fan yet he scored two goals against them to win us a league title.

Neil McCann scored two goals to win us the league at Parkhead.

Denis Law scored a goal for Man City to relegate Man Utd, he was publically gutted about i but he put the ball away like any professional would.

Plenty of other examples, some of which the public probably aren't aware of. The idea of a professional footballer not putting in the full effort because of who they supported as a child is a complete myth.

Anyone who supports/supported/played for them should not be anywhere near The Rangers.

For someone that's a similar age as me you're incredibly small minded.

Serious question Mark, when Miller scores do you even celebrate, because the way you go on about this you're probably gutted when he does score for us? Do you see the title win at Celtic Park, the first and to date only time in our history we've done that, as tainted because a lifelong Celtic fan was the match winner?

Scott McDonald was always pretty public about being a Celtic fan yet he scored two goals against them to win us a league title.

Neil McCann scored two goals to win us the league at Parkhead.

Denis Law scored a goal for Man City to relegate Man Utd, he was publically gutted about i but he put the ball away like any professional would.

Plenty of other examples, some of which the public probably aren't aware of. The idea of a professional footballer not putting in the full effort because of who they supported as a child is a complete myth.

Was Scott McDonald actually a Celtic fan?

Because I read somewhere we had a bid rejected for him and apparently he was really upset over it or something

Not someone who used to support celtic, someone who still follows the team and wants them to do well in every game (including against us).

wont happen.

players always want the team they play for to do best.

always.

never happened before and will never happen

Was Scott McDonald actually a Celtic fan?

Because I read somewhere we had a bid rejected for him and apparently he was really upset over it or something

Yes, his family warned him not to go to Rangers, right bitter scottish-australian plastic paddys, he is a huge Celtic fan. Even if our bid was accepted he would have knocked us back, or so he implied when he signed for Celtic.

Grew up next close to my Mrs, he hung around with her bro, yes he was a wee tim, but not a bitter one or a big one. Hes a huge blue nose now.

Aye he was quite pally with one of my dads mates - used to sponsor his shirt in the programme!! - but as you say am sure he was fully converted in the end!!

Aye he was quite pally with one of my dads mates - used to sponsor his shirt in the programme!! - but as you say am sure he was fully converted in the end!!

Sure was mate, yer dads pal from Castlemilk? Charlie jumped about with some dodgy head cases up there! Thats why his career at Rangers never progressed, such a wasted talent.

Sure was mate, yer dads pal from Castlemilk? Charlie jumped about with some dodgy head cases up there! Thats why his career at Rangers never progressed, such a wasted talent.

Nah - I say pally but my dads mate used to be able get his hands on things (nothing dodgy) for decent prices and charlie used to get him training gear - which got passed to me alot of the time ha ha