Would you accept a celtic supporter playing for the club?

BEE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if you got signed up by an SPL club you would want to do youre best against the Gers to show what we missed out on and possibly impress to get signed up??

Tbh i dont care, as long as they give there all while here, then i do not care who they support.

why'd you think that?

Kyle and stven kinniburgh came to a rangers function in east kilbride at the end of last season and it was mentioned then but to be fair to the him he was a top guy and did join in when 'glasgow rangers championes' got belted out. On the other hand big kinni is a massive bluenose, he loved a good sing song. I know one of his mate cos he comes from east kilbride and he everytime he went to fil his motor up he used to always fil it to exactly £16.90 :lol: i know ive done that a few times

I don't think that could ever happen. You could be a mad tim but professionalism and personal pride would prevent you from supporting Celtic in an Old Firm (Mo Johnson) game. And anyone who had no professionalism or personal pride wouldn't have been signed in the first place.

Here's a question for u lot

If k miller was an out and out tim from his young days, played for us then played for 'them' and then we resigned (basically the same circumstances as it is now except he's real tim if u like), would it make it harder to stomach for us bears during his return to ibrox?

I don't think id have took to him as easy as I did on his return if he was one actually of them rather than him being a hibs man

If k miller was an out and out tim from his young days, played for us then played for 'them' and then we resigned (basically the same circumstances as it is now except he's real tim if u like), would it make it harder to stomach for us bears during his return to ibrox?

I don't think id have took to him as easy as I did on his return if he was one actually of them rather than him being a hibs man

I'm sure the majority who have accepted him would have eventually accepted him under those circumstances, don't think it would have made it that much harder in all honesty.

I don't think it would make much difference to me. The way it actually happened was fairly easy for me to accept because he had never been a Rangers man and most modern footballers are mercenaries so I didn't see why Kenny should be any different, but if it had happened as you said, and he'd been a boyhood tim, I would have taken to him fairly easily too because of the massive GIRUY factor for them. There's no way Kenny hurt them as much as Mo Johnston did. I wish he had.

Personally it would have had no affect on my stance regarding him,he was a Rangers player - sold,ended up at them- scored against us wearing the green and grey then came back to us.That's enough for me to bear a grudge.

Will never like him as a person,sing or cheer his name but i accept his worth to the team.

Yes, his family warned him not to go to Rangers, right bitter scottish-australian plastic paddys, he is a huge Celtic fan. Even if our bid was accepted he would have knocked us back, or so he implied when he signed for Celtic.

Crap. McDonald's mum is a die-hard Rangers fan but his dad is a Celtic fan. Obviously his old man's influence got through to him but heard he was gutted when the Rangers move collapsed.

Can't be bothered reading through the whole thread and i know its already been mentioned but danny wilson was a tim and after we equalised at parkhead (1-1) game last season he celebrated with a smile on his face just as much as any of he other players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnY1-rcD8o

Can't be bothered reading through the whole thread and i know its already been mentioned but danny wilson was a tim and after we equalised at parkhead (1-1) game last season he celebrated with a smile on his face just as much as any of he other players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnY1-rcD8o

bonus money would make most people smile however i agree with you and dont for a second think that he was anything other than happy that we had scored.

Anyone follow Danny Wilson on twitter? I'm not 100% sure that it's actually him but it probably is. He has over 1000 followers. Anyway, I've been following him for a while and remember him tweeting that he was a Rangers fan and so was his Mum but his Dad's a Celtic fan. I think he was getting a lot of accusations over twitter about him being a tim. He might have supported them as a boy and then became a Rangers fan? I don't know.

Pretty sure Chris Burke is a Rangers fan but his whole family are tims. I remember seeing a documentary about Rangers youngsters coming through the ranks ages ago and it showed his first match or first goal and his dad was in the crowd saying he was proud of him but couldn't celebrate. Anyone else remember that documentary?? I think it was on BBC Scotland.

Also, with regards to Davie Weir. I don't have the link but remember reading a recent interview with him and he said all his family are Rangers fans and it's the team he grew up supporting.

Anyone follow Danny Wilson on twitter? I'm not 100% sure that it's actually him but it probably is. He has over 1000 followers. Anyway, I've been following him for a while and remember him tweeting that he was a Rangers fan and so was his Mum but his Dad's a Celtic fan. I think he was getting a lot of accusations over twitter about him being a tim. He might have supported them as a boy and then became a Rangers fan? I don't know.

Pretty sure Chris Burke is a Rangers fan but his whole family are tims. I remember seeing a documentary about Rangers youngsters coming through the ranks ages ago and it showed his first match or first goal and his dad was in the crowd saying he was proud of him but couldn't celebrate. Anyone else remember that documentary?? I think it was on BBC Scotland.

Also, with regards to Davie Weir. I don't have the link but remember reading a recent interview with him and he said all his family are Rangers fans and it's the team he grew up supporting.

Blue heaven mate, I remember it well. Chris Burke's a Rangers fan.

No, but that extra 5-10% of lack of effort that comes with supporting your team's biggest rivals may cost a team through less subtle ways.

Too much of a risk.

Neutrals or Rangers fans only please.

A football daft kid thats a neutral ? or by Neutral do you mean anyone who does NOT support them ?