***Czech Republic Vs Scotland***

Thommo

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no other option than to play Caldwell though. We need a holding player, to keep the gap infront of the centre backs full, and with Lee suspended, Brown injured, and Hartley injured, there is no one else.

I would prefer him there than being a bomb scare at the back, feel better knowing that Davie is behind him to mop up any of hi mistakes.

Heard on the radio they quoted a 4-2-2-2 , or a 4-6-0 at times. Sounds awful, but as someone said above, with Naismith, Dorrans, Mackie, and Morrison in there, that's a hell of an attacking "midfield" to play away from home!

Big gamble imo. Maloney should feature at some point... wtf is the thinking behind Caldwell over McCulloch?

(tu) If he is playing Mackie for pace and counter attacking football, would much preferred Maloney in there.

As a Rangers fan I'm glad Miller is getting rested but selfishness aside, what a fucking joke. That 50th cap must look very tempting for Kenny but if I was him I'd give Levein a sock in the jaw. One cap off the roll of honour, in the form of his life, scored in the last international, dropped in favour of a total rookie who plays for QPR.

There is no other option than to play Caldwell though. We need a holding player, to keep the gap infront of the centre backs full, and with Lee suspended, Brown injured, and Hartley injured, there is no one else.

Fletcher could play that role. Dorrans has shown that he can snap about into tackles and break-up play, along with his attacking side, in the middle of the park.

I don't see why you'd play Caldwell, just to offer protection to the back four, when there are players and systems that could be used. He's not kicked a ball all season.

Fletcher

Naismith - Dorrans - Adam - Morrison

Darren Fletxher was playing his best football for Manchester United in the holding role - season 2007/08 he was excellent in that position, until Sir Alex decided to move him higher up the park.

I hope mackie does well and gets on the scoresheet we need a decent second striker and what a bonus to have if he does well.

Havent seen anything of him but the stage is set for him.

Can see Kenny getting on the last 15-20 mins and he may give them something to worry late in the game.

Ah right.

I don't take delight in them getting beat. I promise.

But if I feel compelled to post something regardless then I will, Boab. Sorry. (tu)

Was more a general point, than against you (tu)