Miller misses out for Scotland, Naismith to start

fans1.jpgThe SFA have confirmed the line up for Scotland against the Czech Republic tonight and Kenny Miller will indeed, as reported in the press, not start the game. On-form striker come winger Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Davie Weir do make the starting eleven though.

It will surely come as a bit of a shock to Miller that he won't be starting as he has been in the form of his life this season, scoring 10 goals for the club already this season and would have been in line to enter the Scotland Hall of Fame by gaining his 50th cap and captaining the side.

Miller will be replaced up front in what appears to be a defensive looking 4-5-1 by QPR striker Jamie Mackie.

View the full article

Guest therabbitt

The Scottish striker with the best form replaced by a relatively unknown guy on his first cap. The man's logic is unfathomable.

I think the QPR lad has just won Championship player of the month?

fans1.jpgThe SFA have confirmed the line up for Scotland against the Czech Republic tonight and Kenny Miller will indeed, as reported in the press, not start the game. On-form striker come winger Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Davie Weir do make the starting eleven though.

It will surely come as a bit of a shock to Miller that he won't be starting as he has been in the form of his life this season, scoring 10 goals for the club already this season and would have been in line to enter the Scotland Hall of Fame by gaining his 50th cap and captaining the side.

Miller will be replaced up front in what appears to be a defensive looking 4-5-1 by QPR striker Jamie Mackie.

View the full article

I think the QPR lad has just won Championship player of the month?

I'm sorry to say, but that doesn't warrant being brought into the side in front of a guy with Miller's experience and on the form he is in at the moment. It might of course prove to be a master stroke by Levein, he is after all the manager and not me.

At least Kenny is getting a break and won't have to play 3 full games in the next 8 days. I think they are making a mistake dropping him but hopefully this guy can show he is worthy of a place in the Scotland team, there is too much expected of miller in the Scotland team now that Boyd and McFadden have stopped scoring

Guest therabbitt

I'm sorry to say, but that doesn't warrant being brought into the side in front of a guy with Miller's experience and on the form he is in at the moment. It might of course prove to be a master stroke by Levein, he is after all the manager and not me.

Absolutely, Kennys form speaks for itself (tu)

I think Kenny is being kept for the Spain game or he stifles them and then ets Miller on in 2nd half to cause a nuisance up front with his pace and his fresh legs.

Can't see it. We have no chance vs Spain and a slight to even chance against the Czechs. I hope the lad does well and we get a result. But there is simply no logic here?

And just as curious is the choice of Caldwell. Even when 10000% fit, he's a bombscare. Truly is.

Doesn't matter mate. What does, is current form. Kenny has it. (tu)

I didnt say it did matter, i was merely asking a question, it had nothing to do with the game or the selection. I have already made my feelings known about that! So do you know the answer or where you just trying to be dismissive of my post?

I didnt say it did matter, i was merely asking a question, it had nothing to do with the game or the selection. I have already made my feelings known about that! So do you know the answer or where you just trying to be dismissive of my post?

Don't be so touchy. Your question could be read a few different ways and one is: Does Kenny have a better goals per game ratio than others? If not, what's the big deal?

See? As for the answer. No I don't have it. And I don't think it's relevant anyway. Not being dismissive of your post at all. (tu)

I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up. If this guy is in form and a bigger presence up front then fair enough, especially in an away match. Also, QPR are flying atm and this guy might actually be good; seriously, who here has watched much of him this season? Additionally, if Miller doesn't play then he won't get injured, which no-one can deny is a good thing for us, especially with Jelavic out.

Some people, for whatever reasons, just want to see Levein fail even before he's been given half a chance.

Haha givin its the 1st cap this lad is getting and kenny on fire at the moment it says alot about Levien tbh .He is taking a big gamble with this if the lad gets a goal levien will be great if he dont levien is shite simple as that.I myself could not give 2 hoots all the better for us at the end of the day WATP

Very strange choice to bring in someone untried at international level, hes not even played top flight football.

This is arguably the single most important game of the campaign. I've always thought levein was a good manager - this decision could backfire on him and his reputation seriously.

If he played miller and we lost then people would just say we lost to a better team. By going with this it puts blame firmly on his own back if it doesn't work out.

Hopefully it's a tactical masterstroke. Either way I'm happy to see miller get a rest from gers point of view.

After the last debacle I won't be watching tonight