Yaya Toure

Guest SandyWATP

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I know he is on hefty wages, but Pepe Guardiola clearly didn't like him that much. But he has actually got everything, he can go forward, and be a threat in the oppositions box, but he can also defend.

Too me, he's one of the best midfielders in the world, he has actually got everything. Seemed a strange decision, but IMO, he's a far better player than Mascherano, who is vastly over-rated.

He actually gave Barcelona some aerial presence on the midfield, but now they're left with midgets running round.

Another transfer mistake from Guardiola?

How can a defensive midfielder with a tackle completion rate of about 85% b over rated?

Mascherano isn't a quality player, but he's a fantastic midfield spoiler.

as much as I dislike him , he is probably the best defensive Midfielder around at stopping the opposition , i would hazard a guess that most of Liverpools dropped points were due to him missing the game due to injury etc .

The only thing with Mascherano is that he takes a nosebleed in the final third.

Toure can literally do everything.

think thats why Barca bought him tbh , they have Xavi and iniesta to go forward they need someone to protect the back 2 as the full backs push on all the time so they want someone sitting their fulltime , whereas Yaya had a tendancy to push forward to support the attack sometimes leaving them exposed at the back .

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

think thats why Barca bought him tbh , they have Xavi and iniesta to go forward they need someone to protect the back 2 as the full backs push on all the time so they want someone sitting their fulltime , whereas Yaya had a tendancy to push forward to support the attack sometimes leaving them exposed at the back .

Toure very rarely got forward for Barcelona, he's been going it far more at Man City.

Yaya Toure is a fantastic player and a player who Barcelona will miss big time this season. Especially in the CL against the likes of Chelsea.

I do think Javier Mascherano is overrated but you can't deny that what he does in midfield he is very good at it. I think he will do alright in the CL when Barcelona are away from home and need to be a bit more compact but I don't see why Barcelona need him for 90% of their games in La Liga, especially when they are playing at Camo Nou as they have about 70% possession and with Mascherano in there it is like playing with 10 men as he sits in front of Pique and never goes forward while on the other hand Toure got forward every now and again and liked to have a pop from the edge of the box.

I have also never seen a player as big and as strong on and off the ball as Yaya Toure. God help his wife/girlfriend because his banger would rip her in half!

He's a great player, and I'm in the confused why Barca let him go camp.

Machernao is incredibly tenacious, industrious, pacey and has a great range of passing.

Not really comparable to Toure though who is a great all round midfielder who can play DM, whereas Macherano is instinctively and exclusively a DM, and a very good one.

Essien is the best defensive mid in the world IMO. I'd say he was more under rated tbh.

Wouldn't really say he's a DM these day, especially considering Chelsea play Mikel in that role, he's more of a box to player but IMO the best in the world at what he does. Incredbile player.