Shhhh, what ever you do, don't say Sectarian

jgrnly1.jpgOf all the trouble to come from the Pope's visit to the UK, two throwaway comments from two no-marks from Aberdeen FC was seemingly the only trouble that was reported.

I'll let you judge for yourself on the comments themselves. Aberdeen captain Zander Diamond said on Facebook that the Pontiff was "running over Prods in his Popemobile".

Team-mate Michael Paton reportedly said "Gees a shot o popemobile...sort out these prodies."

View the full article

The lack of balance from the press is one thing that should be highlighted at every turn, but the comments themselves are no worse than some of the things that I have said, so I won't pretend to hold the moral high ground on that. Their biggest crime was stupidity.

The lack of balance from the press is one thing that should be highlighted at every turn, but the comments themselves are no worse than some of the things that I have said, so I won't pretend to hold the moral high ground on that. Their biggest crime was stupidity.

I don't want to hold the moral high ground, i just want to be on equal level ground with the Scum. I got arrested for shouting "get it up yous" to a group of Septic fans coming up Millerston Street (i was outside the Louden) the police man called it sectarian language after some remonstrating from fellow Bears he told me to get my bahookie back inside the pub or i would be jailed, My point is if i can get arrested for using something other than sectarian language for shouting at them, how come they have not been arrested for using sectarian lanuage towards me, being a Protestant?

I don't want to hold the moral high ground, i just want to be on equal level ground with the Scum. I got arrested for shouting "get it up yous" to a group of Septic fans coming up Millerston Street (i was outside the Louden) the police man called it sectarian language after some remonstrating from fellow Bears he told me to get my bahookie back inside the pub or i would be jailed, My point is if i can get arrested for using something other than sectarian language for shouting at them, how come they have not been arrested for using sectarian lanuage towards me, being a Protestant?

If you want everyone arrested for using 'sectarian' language, then we are well and truly fucked. This board, and others, would be shut down forthwith. Not a road that I want to go down, although others will hold a different view.

I got arrested for shouting "get it up yous" to a group of Septic fans coming up Millerston Street

F----ing unbelievable. Whatever happened to freedom of speach. This is like living in Stalinist Russia. Next thing you know you wont be able to wave your private parts at nuns.

If you want everyone arrested for using 'sectarian' language, then we are well and truly fucked. This board, and others, would be shut down forthwith. Not a road that I want to go down, although others will hold a different view.

I use that language and get threatened with arrest, they use that language and very little is said never mind threatened with arrest? hows that equal in the eyes of the law? double standards, arrest all or arrest none. I don't want nor expect everyone on their forums or our forum to get jailed for using sectarian language, but they complain to the authorities at every opportunity about us. their language was on a social networking site, how come someone has not complained to the police?.

I use that language and get threatened with arrest, they use that language and very little is said never mind threatened with arrest? hows that equal in the eyes of the law? double standards, arrest all or arrest none. I don't want nor expect everyone on their forums or our forum to get jailed for using sectarian language, but they complain to the authorities at every opportunity about us. their language was on a social networking site, how come someone has not complained to the police?.

Why don't you complain to the police, if you feel so strongly about it?

Personally, I hate the tit-for-tat shite, mainly internet-based, which goes on these days.

Why don't you complain to the police, if you feel so strongly about it?

Personally, I hate the tit-for-tat shite, mainly internet-based, which goes on these days.

They taught us how to complain, we can ignore it and get shafted at every turn or we can give them some tit-for-tat shafting back :chopometer: