Allan McGregor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read my posts, I don't even know if you're itching for an argument or you can't read? <cr>

It's ridiculous to suggest that someone can't think one is the better keeper but another has aspects of his game where he is superior.

At the end of last season, nobody would say Miller was a better goalscorer than Boyd, would anyone say Boyd was better at running the channels, dragging players out of position, etc than Miller? Of course not. Who would you start?

Some like to build fences, some like to sit on them.

Let's go down a different route.

In what area's is McGregor a better keeper than Alexander? assuming you think he is the better keeper now, the reason I ask that is you have clearly stated Alexander is better in many area's apart from shot stopping, I don't recall the area's where you think McGregor is better apart from that.

Some like to build fences, some like to sit on them.

Let's go down a different route.

In what area's is McGregor a better keeper than Alexander? assuming you think he is the better keeper now, the reason I ask that is you have clearly stated Alexander is better in many area's apart from shot stopping, I don't recall the area's where you think McGregor is better apart from that.

:lol:

Now I just know you're looking for an argument. I'm going to stop giving you the satisfaction of replies after this, you've clearly got the bit between your teeth....

Right, here's a potential answer:

McGregor is 75% better at shot stopping

Alexander is 20% better at handling crosses;

Alexander is 20% better at organising his defence;

Alexander is 30% better at distribution;

Alexander is 100% better at not kicking out at opponents.

Who to pick, who to pick...?

Cut the silly shit out of his game, as I've said ad nauseam in this thread and before, McGregor has made the No 1 jersey his own.

Again and for clarity, you're obviously looking for a fight and I'm frankly not interested. I've made myself very, very clear on this thread and you don't seem able to understand. I don't know how to express myself any more clearly. Also for clarity, the percentages above are for illustration, I haven't analysed how much better each are at each skill.

:lol:

Now I just know you're looking for an argument. I'm going to stop giving you the satisfaction of replies after this, you've clearly got the bit between your teeth....

Right, here's a potential answer:

Cut the silly shit out of his game, as I've said ad nauseam in this thread and before, McGregor has made the No 1 jersey his own.

Again and for clarity, you're obviously looking for a fight and I'm frankly not interested. I've made myself very, very clear on this thread and you don't seem able to understand. I don't know how to express myself any more clearly. Also for clarity, the percentages above are for illustration, I haven't analysed how much better each are at each skill.

I understood exactly where you were coming from on this thread, the first sentence on post 8 says everything about you.

If I am clearly looking for a fight you are clearly sitting upon a fence now.

For clarity, your percentages are possibly the biggest parcel of pish I have read on here in reference to giving a straight forward answer to a very simple question.

I understood exactly where you were coming from on this thread, the first sentence on post 8 says everything about you.

If I am clearly looking for a fight you are clearly sitting upon a fence now.

For clarity, your percentages are possibly the biggest parcel of pish I have read on here in reference to giving a straight forward answer to a very simple question.

So this is what has your knickers in a twist?

The obvious answer is he's a liability.

I absolutely stand by that, I think I explained myself very well in the rest of post 8:

Not as a keeper anymore, although his command of his box and handling of crosses is still a little suspect (and I do mean a little). He's improved his distribution and seems to have stopped the silly mistakes he was making a couple of seasons ago.

However, his off-field antics have given him a reputation, and things like his kick v Aberdeen make him a risk to teams looking at him.

Having said all that, I have been slating him for a long time and would rather have had Alexander between the sticks, but I'm happy to say that other teams' blindness to his ability is our gain. He's made massive improvements and now (silly kicks aside) rightly made the No 1 jersey his own.

My percentages, as I clearly said, were for illustration purposes only. I've repeatedly said who I'd have as Rangers number 1 keeper, you seem unable to accept that as my view because I can see areas in his game where he could improve?

I'll tell you one thing, this is some fence I'm sitting on where I've declared my stance all the way. Are you drunk?

Let's go from another angle: If I believe McGregor should be Rangers number 1 keeper, does that mean I should believe he is better at every aspect of being a keeper than Alexander is?

Will McGregor be dropped from the Scotland XI as soon as Craig Gordon is fit?

He will but he definitely shouldnt be

Gordon has done nothing in years, he needs a run of a few months in the Sunderland team to even be considered no.1

I thought you were out Peter??????

I am not asking you who you would have as Rangers No1 keeper, I am asking quite clearly, WHO is the better keeper of the two in your opinion??

Your percentages suggest Alexander is better than McGregor overall.

Please! Just answer the question with a simple answer, one or the other.

I thought you were out Peter??????

I am not asking you who you would have as Rangers No1 keeper, I am asking quite clearly, WHO is the better keeper of the two in your opinion??

Your percentages suggest Alexander is better than McGregor overall.

Please! Just answer the question with a simple answer, one or the other.

I've said repeatedly I'd have McGregor as number 1, are you asking if I'd choose the better or worse keeper as number 1? <cr>

I've said repeatedly I'd have McGregor as number 1, are you asking if I'd choose the better or worse keeper as number 1? <cr>

Now we are finally getting somewhere.

Why would you choose a guy who is clearly, percentage wise, the lesser keeper in your view as your No1?

Sadly no-matter what form McGregor is in, if Gordon is fit- regardless of his form, he'll get the nod.

Let just wait and see what Levein thinks, it's all down to who he thinks is the better keeper, if he thinks Gordon is better he should play him.

Now we are finally getting somewhere.

Why would you choose a guy who is clearly, percentage wise, the lesser keeper in your view as your No1?

Ok, once more for the hard of thinking:

Right, here's a potential answer[note the wording, a potential answer]:

...for clarity, the percentages above are for illustration, I haven't analysed how much better each are at each skill.

Do you know what, I think we might be getting somewhere...

Seeing as your literacy is not great, I'll emphasise again that "the percentages above are for illustration." I'd also point out the "cut the silly shit out of his game" part of my post. Now, if he cuts the silly shit out [i.e. not kicking out at opponents just in case that was misunderstood], we have (in the 'illustration' percentages above) McGregor 75% ahead (shot-stopping), Alexander 70% ahead (the rest).

So if you're citing my (illustrative) percentages, McGregor cutting out the silly shit has him as the better keeper. Funnily enough, that's been my stance throughout the thread. Why you;ve tried to create an argument is beyond me.

While we're on the subject though, can I ask you if you think Alexander is better in any aspect of goalkeeping than McGregor?

Ok, once more for the hard of thinking:

Do you know what, I think we might be getting somewhere...

Seeing as your literacy is not great, I'll emphasise again that "the percentages above are for illustration." I'd also point out the "cut the silly shit out of his game" part of my post. Now, if he cuts the silly shit out [i.e. not kicking out at opponents just in case that was misunderstood], we have (in the 'illustration' percentages above) McGregor 75% ahead (shot-stopping), Alexander 70% ahead (the rest).

So if you're citing my (illustrative) percentages, McGregor cutting out the silly shit has him as the better keeper. Funnily enough, that's been my stance throughout the thread. Why you;ve tried to create an argument is beyond me.

While we're on the subject though, can I ask you if you think Alexander is better in any aspect of goalkeeping than McGregor?

Comedy fecking gold. After that post I am out and going to watch the sanity of 'the firm'.

For one that tries to come across as a smart arse you are one large half wit.

Comedy fecking gold. After that post I am out and going to watch the sanity of 'the firm'.

For one that tries to come across as a smart arse you are one large half wit.

Do you know what? You're probably right. I am clearly beneath your level of intellect. Your whole argument seems to be based around me saying I believe Alexander is a better keeper than McGregor. Being that I'm a half-wit, you'll have no problem demonstrating that I did indeed suggest that, and that it's not in fact you that's talking bollocks....

I'm off to bed now, so take your time. What you're looking for is me saying I'd play Alexander ahead of McGregor. Please note, what you're NOT looking for is that I think Alexander is better in certain areas than McGregor. Anyway, good luck. I'll respond in the morning if there's something to respond to (tu)

Do you know what? You're probably right. I am clearly beneath your level of intellect. Your whole argument seems to be based around me saying I believe Alexander is a better keeper than McGregor. Being that I'm a half-wit, you'll have no problem demonstrating that I did indeed suggest that, and that it's not in fact you that's talking bollocks....

I'm off to bed now, so take your time. What you're looking for is me saying I'd play Alexander ahead of McGregor. Please note, what you're NOT looking for is that I think Alexander is better in certain areas than McGregor. Anyway, good luck. I'll respond in the morning if there's something to respond to (tu)

Would you class penalties as shot stopping?

lol

As already said, some build fences, some much prefer to sit on them.

Make yourself comfortable.