Allan McGregor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does that say about our club and how we negotiate transfers then?

Nothing!

A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay. I very much doubt you will get clubs paying £9m for Allan McGregor!

Hearts were lucky that a club like Sunderland were daft enough to offer ridiculous money for Craig Gordon.

Certainly improved over the last 18 months. I used to criticise his distribution, handling and ability to deal with crossed balls, but he's certainly gone and worked on the weaker aspects of his game, and he's now an all round top keeper. Every keeper has their moments, as does McGregor, but he's added consistancy to his game, and long may it continue.

I always thought of Alexander as the better keeper all round, but McGregor has certainly over taken him, and I'm pretty suprised no-one has been interested in him, because he's one of the best in Britain and Europe!

Hopefully we can keep a hold of him for years to come, because he's getting better by age!

How old is he? 27?

He'll just be hitting his prime :D

Nothing!

A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay. I very much doubt you will get clubs paying £9m for Allan McGregor!

Hearts were lucky that a club like Sunderland were daft enough to offer ridiculous money for Craig Gordon.

I think it says alot, but there ye go. Maybe clubs wont pay £9m for him because he is not as highly rated as Gordon was at that time. Outside of Rangers, im not sure he is classed as good as us fans think he is. Hes Scotlands number 1 for now because there is no one else. Alexander is next best and he cant get a game for us.

You think The Goalie and McGregor are in the same league ? Shagger's a fucking brilliant shot stopper but Goram was a World class one,IMO of course.

Quote from the commentary tonight, 'reminiscent of Goram'.

Still not saying he is there yet, but others are starting to notice the similarities as well.

The lad was by far the best player on the park tonight.

I simply can't fathom how some have said he isn't good enough. McGregor is the second best British keeper right now, and not that far behind Joe Hart either.

He is a top quality keeper.

joe hart is not anywhere near mcgregors class

Quote from the commentary tonight, 'reminiscent of Goram'.

Still not saying he is there yet, but others are starting to notice the similarities as well.

The lad was by far the best player on the park tonight.

(tu)

I'm sure Goram did a piece for The Sun a couple of weeks ago and he alluded to the fact that he sees a lot of himself in McGregor.

I didn't see enough of Goram, but for the Bears that did, was he consistently better than McGregor is right now?

I saw virtually every game of Goram's career for us, he was the most consistent Goalie I have ever seen, Shagger is not quite at his level yet, but he is getting very close as every year passes.

For me the similarities between the two in style and attributes are telling.

I didn't see enough of Goram, but for the Bears that did, was he consistently better than McGregor is right now?

Yes. Goram could put a ball over the bar or round a post, when it looked like a certain goal.

Goram also faced better players.

Yes. Goram could put a ball over the bar or round a post, when it looked like a certain goal.

McGregor can only play what is in front of him, he has also faced some very potent strikers in his time with us without letting himself down.

Goram was not flawless in his time with us either, just like McGregor.

Not sure I agree with that post, simply because McGregor does the same thing.

I saw virtually every game of Goram's career for us, he was the most consistent Goalie I have ever seen, Shagger is not quite at his level yet, but he is getting very close as every year passes.

For me the similarities between the two in style and attributes are telling.

I agree. 1992-93 (Goram's 2nd season) was the season Goram (at the age of 28) really became a legend at Rangers. Hopefully, this season Allan McGregor (age 28) will do the same.