McGregor Banned

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, although I think a retrospective yellow card would of been perfectly fair.

What about Diamond? Derek Young? Both guilty of things equally as bad, and neither punished.

(tu)

What's the club saying and doing about this???

I would imagine that the club won't say much as they know they do not have a leg to stand on.

I think most folks need to calm down take a deep breath and realise that McGregor brought this on himself and the club by doing something petulant and stupid in front of a live TV audience with probably about 20 or so cameras on him and a media pack intent on making a story out of anything they can get their claws into.

Its not the first time he's did something like this but I sincerely hope its the last although if last nights little escapade is anything to go by then I very much doubt it.

Great keeper that he is I think he has a screw loose or is a serial attention seeker.

Get a grip Alan before your career goes down the toilet.

Nearly kicking an aberdeen player.

Ironic if you think about it, McGregor gets punished for almost kicking a player yet the Aberdeen players that did kick Rangers players are let off scot-free. What next ? Walter gettin' a 3 game touch-line ban for making comments about being un-happy about it ?

The general issue is that this system is not being applied in a fair way. The SFA have said themselves that the amount of media fuss helps determine who gets pulled up. That is clearly unfair. They need to either look at everything or live with the fact that mistakes get made, not pick and choose based on the amount of fuss on the telly.

There are two other issues about this particular case, which may well be related to one another. The delay in bringing the charge against McGregor and the question of who brought it to the attention of the SFA (Mark McGhee says it wasn't Aberdeen). There's a need for transparency as well as fairness.

Referee's reports should be made public imo, so that we can all see where and how these things are brought about. There is way too much behind the scenes crap - it might happen in other countries too I have no idea, and frankly I don't care - in Scottish football which seems to be driven by the agenda's of petty minded journalists who have a gripe against certain clubs and players.

I saw a comment from a Celtc fan elsewhere, saying that 'yet again the SFA have done Rangers a favour' because of the timing? WTF are these morons on?

And yet still we get a certain section of Rangers supporters who keep their heads buried in the sand, don't want to make a fuss because we don't want to be like 'them'. Well fuck that for a laugh, as a club we should report each and every little incident that happens by other clubs players, because at the end of the day, why should our players get punished when others get away scot free?

Total nonsense of a decision.

Referees have us right where they want us, it suits them not to book our players during games so guys in suits can ban them for full matches at a later date. This "rule" will and probably is being abused.

Did the linesmen not see McGregor either? Or the 4th official? No one official saw it and they didnt decide to take action till "people from the dark side" complained. Its pathetic. Until we start acting like them, ie being 'mopes' as some put it, then we wont get parity, no one will listen, no one will do us favours, if we want parity then we must demand it, we must question every poor decision not just as fans but as a club, all of us.

Fans mock the tims for being mopes, yet that is part of the reason they are untouchable, they have been shouting oppression, discrimination for years and years and now officials are scared to touch them! When is the last time a Celtic player was sent off? Does anyone have a note of the stats for yellows and reds for last 5 seasons? Im confident it will show we have been very harshly dealt with. We are an easy target.

Referees have us right where they want us, it suits them not to book our players during games so guys in suits can ban them for full matches at a later date. This "rule" will and probably is being abused.

Did the linesmen not see McGregor either? Or the 4th official? No one official saw it and they didnt decide to take action till "people from the dark side" complained. Its pathetic. Until we start acting like them, ie being 'mopes' as some put it, then we wont get parity, no one will listen, no one will do us favours, if we want parity then we must demand it, we must question every poor decision not just as fans but as a club, all of us.

Fans mock the tims for being mopes, yet that is part of the reason they are untouchable, they have been shouting oppression, discrimination for years and years and now officials are scared to touch them! When is the last time a Celtic player was sent off? Does anyone have a note of the stats for yellows and reds for last 5 seasons? Im confident it will show we have been very harshly dealt with. We are an easy target.

Three red cards in our first three away games last season, it got beyond a joke.

Bougherra got sent off for protesting against a penalty decision which players do every week, the Thomson challenge at Tyncastle you generally see yellow cards for and Mendes' bookings at Rugby Park were pretty soft especially in those early stages of the game.

Referee's reports should be made public imo, so that we can all see where and how these things are brought about. There is way too much behind the scenes crap - it might happen in other countries too I have no idea, and frankly I don't care - in Scottish football which seems to be driven by the agenda's of petty minded journalists who have a gripe against certain clubs and players.

I saw a comment from a Celtc fan elsewhere, saying that 'yet again the SFA have done Rangers a favour' because of the timing? WTF are these morons on?

And yet still we get a certain section of Rangers supporters who keep their heads buried in the sand, don't want to make a fuss because we don't want to be like 'them'. Well fuck that for a laugh, as a club we should report each and every little incident that happens by other clubs players, because at the end of the day, why should our players get punished when others get away scot free?

Total nonsense of a decision.

This is exactly what we should all do.. Also, it's not a case of being like the tramps {Paranoid} this is about identifying and responding to FACTUAL matters.

The whole idea that because the referee makes a mistake, which when you think about it is the situation when he doesn't take action against a player that a bunch of nobs later decide to do, a player should be punished more, is utter nonsense. If thats the case, the referee should be the one being punished and sent down to referee the junior grade or something. And they wonder why crowds at football matches are falling....

Hopefully he can cut this out his game completely. There was no need for it, and it's caught up to him. However, if this gets punished, why not Stokes, Juarez, several Dons players etc?

Then McGregor plays out his skin for his country last night..