Levein - I want him gone

Boab

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all decent players but we don't have a team capable of taking us to a Finals, not with the seeding we have. That team is not good enough to finish in the top 2.

4-6-0 should have been enough to get Levein sacked, its an absolute disgrace.

That team is better than the Czechs in my opinion

So we should be able to beat them to 2nd spot

I think we should try and bring in Martin O'Neill, or a even a foreign manager, but someone who is going to instil a bit of belief in the team, and have belief in them himself

He will probably be sacked should Scotland fail to qualify for Euro 2012, either that or they will say that he is "building for the future" and wait to see what happens after World Cup 2010 qualification.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a Fail !!!!!

We have no playmakers and we have nobody who can beat a man.

Until we start developing our young players properly and get them confortable on the ball we will continue to struggle.

The czechs may not be the greatest team in the world, but Rosicky is a stand out every time. He controls games.

We have a team of players who wouldnt look out of place in a good side, but when you ask them to go and do stuff they cant as they are limited footballers.

The only chance we have to compete is to be defensive and try and nick one of the break or from a set piece.

I don't agree with the 4-6-0 formation, but I also dont agree with all this "lets go 4-4-2 and we will beat them"

We have no playmakers and we have nobody who can beat a man.

Until we start developing our young players properly and get them confortable on the ball we will continue to struggle.

The czechs may not be the greatest team in the world, but Rosicky is a stand out every time. He controls games.

We have a team of players who wouldnt look out of place in a good side, but when you ask them to go and do stuff they cant as they are limited footballers.

The only chance we have to compete is to be defensive and try and nick one of the break or from a set piece.

I don't agree with the 4-6-0 formation, but I also dont agree with all this "lets go 4-4-2 and we will beat them"

Disagree with that, the following players can beat a man, Whittaker, hutton, Maloney, Dorans, Morrison, problems is Levein does not allow them the freedom to do it or play them at all in maloney's case.

If we broadened our horizons a bit in terms of player selection, I think we'd be fine.

Boab's coming on here saying Levein is shite, next minute he's saying we should only pick players that are 100% pure Scottish - problem number one.

The coaching in this country has all but guaranteed that it'll be at least three generations before we start to bring through technically brilliant players. If we limit ourselves to just 100% homegrown players, we'll be down there with the likes of Latvia and Estonia.

Get in as many good eligible players as possible, regardless of where they are born and we'll start to see a quick improvement. A bit more self belief wouldn't go amiss either, as we're basically going into games with a formation that says to the opposition 'you are better than us', and that can't be good.

When Scotland did manage to get up the pitch and put a wee bit of pressure on the Czechs it was clear that they were vulnerable at the back and Scotland could have won that game.

Scotland could have played 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 and if pressure was put on their defense then the victory could have been met, tactically it was defensive and tactically it was shite.

Was saying it in the Czech Republic match thread, there's a serious issue with how we prepare our players mentally. We tell them what they can't do, and don't give them a chance to show what they can do. All coaches seem to do is tell our lads that the only way they can win a game is by kicking our opponents and running around for 90minutes, working hard.

A good foundation was laid from the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign, the good display in such a tough group got Scotland up to 2nd seeds for the World Cup 2010 qualifiers yet they made a mess of a group they should have been able to get 2nd in. May not have gotten through the play offs but it's still better than not getting anywhere near!

If Walter and Sir Furious leave their jobs at the end of the season, I can see him leaving Man U, he has gone on too long there by at least one season already, then I would love those two to team up and manage the Scotland team. A total pipe dream but would be better than the shite we were served up on Friday night.