'All I Want For Christmas Is The Gallant Pioneers'

TheMoonlighter

I have one it was an excellent read. Off topic but see the picture that is your banner on the site, in your research did you ever find the names of the people in it? It's the last photo call at Kinning Park but the ones I've seen don't have names.

I have one it was an excellent read. Off topic but see the picture that is your banner on the site, in your research did you ever find the names of the people in it? It's the last photo call at Kinning Park but the ones I've seen don't have names.

rkwkl0.jpg

First row seated far left , gentleman with hat and cane. Moses McNeil.

Same row far right hat and tache . his brother and founder Peter McNeil

Centre of the row, foot on the ball . Tom Vallance

In front of Tom Vallance is his brother Alec.

The guy to the left of Tom with the cap is Sam Ricketts.

Second along from Tom Vallance on his left guy with tache and neck-tie is William 'Daddy Dunlop.

Sitting on the ground far left in front of Moses. George Gillespie.

Back row tall guy with bowler is William Wilton, who was to become our first manager.

An incredible picture.

Thanks mate. I take it there never was any writing below photo that said who everyone was, and you are using your own knowledge to name these ones? As there are not many team photos from the earliest days I thought if the names were available for this one then we could use pics for RangersPedia.

Thanks mate. I take it there never was any writing below photo that said who everyone was, and you are using your own knowledge to name these ones? As there are not many team photos from the earliest days I thought if the names were available for this one then we could use pics for RangersPedia.

We matched the faces with other pics that we've gathered over the years mate.

The 1877 team pic also helped.

2n22qsl.jpg