SPL Clubs(SEPTIC) to Stop Wearing Poppies

from the Daily Rhetard! angry.gif

http://www.dailyreco...86908-22625470/

SPL clubs to stop wearing poppies on shirts for Remembrance Sunday

Oct 11 2010

football-shirt-poppy-image-2-176186866.jpg

FOOTBALLERS in the SPL will no longer wear poppies on their shirts around Remembrance Sunday.

Poppy appeal charity bosses say the tribute during matches has "run its course" and are seeking other ways of showing respect.

Celtic, who have been hit by protests against the poppies by some supporters, were quick to reveal that they plan to promote a different charity from November 2011.

They said: "Celtic will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work."

Poppyscotland intend to involve the SPL clubs in other forms of promotion but it is not known if Celtic, who the charity said had been "very supportive", will participate in any form of remembrance in 2011.

ARSEHOLES the LOT of them!!!

Oh and it's not long till we reach a special landmark in terms of remembrance day

Usually it falls on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

but next year it will fall on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year of the new millennium. Crazy ;)

Run its course?

Its not for entertainment purposes.

Exactly. It's not some novelty gimmick, it's a mark of respect for those who gave their lives for our futures.

I hope Rangers continue to support this charity, I managed to get one of the home shirts with the poppys last year and I will be doing my level best to get one this year and I'm happy to pay extra seeing as a chunk of it goes to charity.

I sincerely hope we still wear a poppy on remembrance sunday/weekend whenever we play.

Rangers had been wearing Poppy jerseys for a few years before it became widespread. Hearts as well (I think).

I would expect Rangers and Hearts to continue doing so, possibly other Clubs as well, hopefully all of the rest except for ra shellick.

TBH It never looked right on the terrorist uniform....

Run its course?

Its not for entertainment purposes.

Exactly!!

Celtic will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work

It not a bloody charity weekend! You dont get to pick and choose. Its rememberance weekend for FFS!

so celtic get their way again. its disgusting and to come out with the line "Celtic will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work." is even more disgusting and shameful. as has been said hopefully the rest of the clubs will still wear it.