Rangers v Dunfermline

papaguy51

Just watched it all again on Rangers TV.

Sometimes, due to the amazing fashion we won the league against Hibs, I forget how good that day v the Pars really was.

I was at that one, and can only remember my dad not being able to watch Arteta's last penalty.

Anyone else have an outstanding memory from that day?

aaaaaaahhh, got to say although it was amazing and i never thought anything like that could happen again i feel the Motherwell one topped it B)

I think we'd all agree with that and its down to the total surprise that happened that day.

The Dunfermline one was almost as good though, the fact that 52,000 expectant fans got their rewards led to some party that night.

Helicopter Sunday topped it for the sheer elation when McDonald scored.

However, the whole experience of the Dunfermline match was unbelievable- Rangers scoring, Dunfermline equalising, Celtic scoring, Rangers scoring etc. I was so drained by the end of it!

We're so lucky to have had both. I'd have hated to be on the losing end of either of those! Haha!

Great memories, cheers Papaguy for bringing it up.

Guest TheQueensXI

wtached it in my house with a pile of mates, both bears and tims. had the portable downstairs for their game and the other telly.

fantastistic day :D

Sometimes, due to the amazing fashion we won the league against Hibs, I forget how good that day v the Pars really was.

I was at that one, and can only remember my dad not being able to watch Arteta's last penalty.

My memory was a couldnt watch the penalty because a was so nervous but a watched and Ibrox errupted what a day!! When leaving the stadium and out to the main road after all the celebrations had taken place there was a massive bouncy going on outside and you couldnt move about 20000 people outside main stand bouncying away and then was back to pub for a good old celebration championee (beer)

My memory was a couldnt watch the penalty because a was so nervous but a watched and Ibrox errupted what a day!! When leaving the stadium and out to the main road after all the celebrations had taken place there was a massive bouncy going on outside and you couldnt move about 20000 people outside main stand bouncying away and then was back to pub for a good old celebration championee (beer)

aaahhhh that would have been the best! i wish i was there :(

That Arteta penalty has taken on mythical status but we would have won the league without it. Steven Thompson's goal was the decider as it turned out.

I remember that day well, bar Helicopter Sunday it was one of the best. When Dunfermline scored I thought that it wasn't going to be our day. My mum was at Rugby Park and was keeping me updated. One of the most nerve racking times of my life.

I remember watchin it in ma local. One memory that sticks with me is i was watchin the scum and larsson was clean through but he hit the post and at the same time we scored! Then i knew it was going to be our day!

PS another belter was alan thompsons tears and arteta geein it jazz hands after his goal!

What you on about?

Dunfermline lay down to us.

The old :piss Sutton Conspiracy theory eh? :Animation44: :lol:

It wasn't just his theory remember...he was just the weasley spokesman. He said, 'we knew they would lie down'.