Miller's top man for Craig.

mmrfc1873

CRAIG LEVEIN will recall Kenny Miller to spearhead Scotland's assault on Spain tonight.

Miller is back in the team after being axed for the Euro 2012 defeat in the Czech Republic.

Gaffer Levein has promised a 'different gameplan' after the controversial 4-6-0 system in Prague.

He won't confirm his team until just hours before kick-off as he sweats on FOUR crocked stars.

But SunSport understands Miller has been given the nod to win his 51st cap.

Miller last night told his talentnation.com website: "It's a big game for us.

"We are playing the world and European champions, so it will be a massive test for the whole team.

"Hopefully we can get a positive result and take something from the game but it will be a difficult game for us."

Miller bagged the crucial equaliser in Scotland's last home Group I qualifier against Liechtenstein last month.

The on-form hitman is the top scorer in Levein's squad with 12 international goals and has hit ten for Rangers this term.

World Cup-winning Spain boss Vicente del Bosque yesterday revealed Miller is a player he respects.

The 30-year-old - who has scored Hampden glory goals in the past against Germany, Italy and Ukraine - will be a key figure tonight.

Scotland, desperate to emulate their 1984 home win over Spain, are 9/1 outsiders to get what would be a huge victory.

Levein has been forced to delay his team announcement until today due to a quartet of injury scares.

Spurs right-back Alan Hutton is a big doubt for the clash due to a groin problem.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, that would mean a Scotland debut for English-born Phil Bardsley.

Graham Dorrans (hamstring), Lee McCulloch (hip) and Steven Whittaker (calf) all trained yesterday.

Levein will wait to discover if there is any overnight reaction to their injuries before naming the team.

Skipper Darren Fletcher has shaken off a knock he picked up in Prague and will play.

Levein said: "The biggest doubt is Hutton. It looks as if he might struggle, but I can't say for certain.

Advertisement

"If he doesn't make it, there's a distinct possibility Phil Bardsley would start the game.

"I think he is capable. He plays in the Premiership every week."

Jamie Mackie, who made his debut in Prague, is on stand-by to start again if McCulloch or Dorrans don't make it.

Likely line-up: McGregor; Hutton or Bardsley, Weir, McManus, Whittaker; Morrison, D Fletcher (capt), McCulloch, Dorrans, Naismith; Miller.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3175444/Millers-top-man-for-Craig.html#ixzz126Qb2L1t

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3175444/Millers-top-man-for-Craig.html

Uses 4-6-0 against an average team their's a chance of beating, but when it comes to the World champions that's when he decided to use a bit more of an attacking strategy.

I think this proves once and for all that Craig Levein is indeed a walloper.

He made a shocker of a decision, to go with that formation. Personally I thought it was a joke, this was a game we had a chance of winning, there defence was not exactly the greatest, there not the team they used to be.IMO Levein has over-estimated Lithuania, Lichtenstein & The Czech Republic 3 games we should have been looking at taking maximum points or at least 7 before facing Spain, but now we have 4 point's and are now facing the World & European champions, fun fun fun

first he drops weir we get gubbed he gets stick so he brings him back our defence is now a lot more steady

now same shit with miller that guy from england who took his place done absoultley nothing levein gets pelters and what do you know miller is his top man again

to think some people wanted him for the rangers job

first he drops weir we get gubbed he gets stick so he brings him back our defence is now a lot more steady

now same shit with miller that guy from england who took his place done absoultley nothing levein gets pelters and what do you know miller is his top man again

to think some people wanted him for the rangers job

Wouldnae get a job as a Ranger looking after Yogi Bear never mind The Bears !!!!

Craig Levein's managerial record in football.

Cowdenbeath - Played 127 Won 46 Drew 26 Lost 55 WON NOTHING

Hearts - Played 170 Won 70 Drew 41 Lost 55 WON NOTHING

Leicester - Played 72 Won 20 Drew 26 Lost 26 WON NOTHING

Raith Rovers - Played 7 Won 1 Drew 3 Lost 3 WON NOTHING

Dundee Utd - Played 117 Won 43 Drew 37 Lost 37 WON NOTHING

Scotland - Played 5 Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 2 WON NOTHING.

First Scotland manager to play without a striker in our entire history.

The guy is elevated to a station way above his ability.

For him to come out and say Miller is my main man and we can beat the World and European Champions is simply laughable. 4 days ago he was so overcome with fear when facing the VERY AVERAGE Czech Republic he put out a formation never before seen in the modern game.

Another non entity put in to power to satisfy sections of the Tartan Army and the media.

When Levein was announced I was reasonably pleased. But he has fallen so far so quickly, I'm not sure he can continue. aye.. bring on the World Champs and we'll attack! Czechs, Lithuania? Negative, defensive shite.

Makes sense to me?

And dropping Kenny, playing Caldwell 4-6-0... wtf?

Tonight line-up is will be 9 - 0 - 1.

The keeper, nine men standing on the goal line and one at the edge of the box. (tu)

9-0-1 Sounds attack minded from a Levein point of view! lol

Let's be honest. We'll gt beat no matter what formation/players we put out. No shame in that. But Levein gives up before the match has kicked off. He's arrogant, ignorant and has no ambition. Not a good combination. He should try and go for a 4-5-1 at least. I can take defeat. What I can't take is that garbage I saw Friday night.

Surely, we're better than that?

9-0-1 Sounds attack minded from a Levein point of view! lol

Let's be honest. We'll gt beat no matter what formation/players we put out. No shame in that. But Levein gives up before the match has kicked off. He's arrogant, ignorant and has no ambition. Not a good combination. He should try and go for a 4-5-1 at least. I can take defeat. What I can't take is that garbage I saw Friday night.

Surely, we're better than that?

If you keep telling a team that they are inferior and line them up accordingly then they will believe it.

If you keep telling a team they have nothing to fear whilst keeping their shape and discipline then you stand a far better chance of winning a game.

To go out and make no attempt to win the game for me is not what football is about.

Last Friday was the ultimate low for Scottish Football and officially made us a laughing stock across Europe.

Last Friday was the ultimate low for Scottish Football and officially made us a laughing stock across Europe.

You are correct.

Since last Friday, I've heard or read at least one 'Levein formation' joke a day on a broad spectrum of different media.

What annoys me is that it seems like he's rested Miller for this game. Use him in the game where we have a fucking chance of getting points!

The form Miller is in there's no way a team like Scotland (no offence, but you know what I mean!) could afford to drop him imo

The form Miller is in there's no way a team like Scotland (no offence, but you know what I mean!) could afford to drop him imo

The only thing I'd say about that is that Miller didn't play too well or score against Hearts or Bursaspor.

I actually thought he looked unfit in both games....

Patromnising bullsh*t from Levein.

Miller was our top man last week too, yet couldnt get a game.

I think if Darren Fletcher gets another game tonight i may chuck it permanently. He is THE definition of imposter.

And to think of the abuse Ferguson got and he contributed far more than this charlatan.

He is the water carrier at United and plays a totally different role to the one Levein is asking him to play.

However he is the blue eyed boy of large sections of the Scottish Media and can simply do no wrong.

Others meanwhile can see right through his "talents"

And as for Miller....stands to reason he would have more chance scoring against the Czechs than Spain but hey what do we know.After all Levein is a manager who has won.....eh....nothing. :rolleyes:

And to think of the abuse Ferguson got and he contributed far more than this charlatan.

He is the water carrier at United and plays a totally different role to the one Levein is asking him to play.

However he is the blue eyed boy of large sections of the Scottish Media and can simply do no wrong.

Others meanwhile can see right through his "talents"

And as for Miller....stands to reason he would have more chance scoring against the Czechs than Spain but hey what do we know.After all Levein is a manager who has won.....eh....nothing. :rolleyes:

Ferguson got the abuse due to his Rangers background, that was his only crime, being a Bear.

The better players in the Man U team make Fletcher look good, it is no coincidence that since he has become a regular in their side the club have went backwards, they are no longer the strong, excellent Man U of old.

I think he is the blue eyed boy simply because of who he plays for, its a joke. They tartan trannies havnt got a clue, these are the people who celebrate mediocrity.

I can see right through him, hes absolutely hopeless.

Exactly, more chance of getting points and goals v Czechs, yet he plays the defensive formation v the poorer team and will play a striker v Spain. Its absolutely criminal. Your spot on mate, hes won nothing, lets not forget he was manager of Raith Rovers just 4 years ago!

Scotland and Scottish football is a shambles. I hate to think where this country would be without the mighty Rangers FC.