liverpool... end of an era?

Even if you don't like Liverpool that much i don't see how anyone could want Hicks to come out on top here, what him and Gillett have done to a football club that means so much to so many people is disgusting.

I've never been mad about Liverpool but i really want them to win here.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you don't like Liverpool that much i don't see how anyone could want Hicks to come out on top here, what him and Gillett have done to a football club that means so much to so many people is disgusting.

I've never been mad about Liverpool but i really want them to win here.

I hate Liverpool so unbelievably much, that I honestly wouldn't mind if they went the way of Wimbledon.

A Texas court has granted a temporary restraining order stopping the sale of Liverpool Football Club, owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have claimed.

It comes hours after the American pair saw their challenge against the club's sale thrown out by the High Court.

Hicks and Gillett issued a statement as the Liverpool board met to ratify the sale to New England Sports Ventures.

The American duo described the proposed £300m sale as "an epic swindle" and are seeking more than £1bn in damages.

Hicks claims the injunction prevents Liverpool executing the sale of the club to NESV, with a hearing date of 25 October set.

The legal action in Texas - signed by Judge Jim Jordan of the 160th District Court in Dallas - is "part of a lawsuit filed against Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre, NESV and Philip Nash" read a statement.

"The lawsuit also seeks temporary and permanent injunctions, and damages totalling approximately $1.6 billion (more than £1 billion)."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

It's a pity that US law isn't applicable on a UK based company then.

Mind you, most US people wouldn't think so. :rolleyes:

Actually, now that I looked into the situation it's not exactly true, they are not saying anything about Liverpool just the other American group interested in buying who are under the courts jurisdiction. Amazing loophole. :lol: