liverpool... end of an era?

Thats me pwned pipeb.gif

All the same you can never tell, but I suppose thats football ownership. Don't think it'll be as easy as the Red Sox though, is their turnover not huge in comparison to Liverpool now they are out the CL for a probable 2 years at least?

Just read up a bit about him (probably what I should of done before I tarred him with the same brush) But he seems pretty impressive improving Fenway Park with 10,000 more seats and helping consecutive sell outs, but it's much easier when the side on the park are performing that well, and have a brand as huge as the Red Sox do.

His inexperience with football, and this may sound ridiculous, but being in a completely different country will make things harder for him in my opinion.

It'll be a completely different ball game, pardon the pun biggrin.gif

:lol: Like the pun, you are correct it will be different but I can't imagine him going into this without doing his due dilligence. Time will tell though so we can come back on here in a few years and talk about it then. (tu)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Like the pun, you are correct it will be different but I can't imagine him going into this without doing his due dilligence. Time will tell though so we can come back on here in a few years and talk about it then. (tu)

:happy:

Certainly can, maybe even months the way things happen in football ownership nowadays (tu)

John Henry is a very capable buisnessman who has done well by the Boston Red Sox. His group brought in good management, invested in players, and updated Fenway Park, so don't think his attitude to this venture will be much different.

I don't know much about baseball but I heard on a football podcast recently that he was quite poor at Miami before he came to Boston?

Apparently he sold Miami's best players and so on, so hopefully he carries on in that fashion and sells Torres and Gerrard. :happy:

I don't know much about baseball but I heard on a football podcast recently that he was quite poor at Miami before he came to Boston?

Apparently he sold Miami's best players and so on, so hopefully he carries on in that fashion and sells Torres and Gerrard. :happy:

Not sure about that, Henry was only a minority owner when the Marlins got rid of all their best players after the 1997 season. He took control a few years later and the team gradually stocked up on young prospects. Baseball in Miami is a graveyard essentially, there is zero fan support and they have to operate on a much smaller scale than Boston or New York. His record for the Red Sox is much more indicative of how he is as a owner IMO.

I thought the scousers didn't want more Yank owners? :lol:

After their "Yank out" campaign as well. Yanks out, Yanks in, hopefully these Yanks can give us 'neutrals' something more to laugh about. :sherlock:

my hope is that one day all these EPL clubs with their massive debts go to the wall ha ha GIFRUY :crabflute:

Sadly we all will mate. Go like Scotland but Liverpool have put that off a few years more than most. Considering they have no debt basically where as everyother club does. Abramovich wants his money back but people dont relise that. Same with the City lot. Luckilly Liverpools is all gone and they can start a fresh. United problems have only just begun :lol:

can you elaborate on that

They give him the boak, and as a result, he then has something often know as 'sick' come up through his throat and then this enter his mouth and leaves, going out of the open mouth.

Would you like this in further detail?

Newcastle?

Fucking NEWCASTLE???????????? Why the fuck are they even mentioned in this thread? They are not a big team, not even a medium to big team. They have no history at all. They are shit, always have been. Their saving grace is they are from a one team city so the whole city loves them.

This guy that has bought Liverpool WILL be a good thing for them. He took over the Red Sox and brought about the biggest sporting come back/achievement EVER when they were 3-0 dow to their bitter rivals (possibly the biggest rivalry in all of sport) and won 4-3 in the World series. I watched all of it and was in awe, total awe of them for doing the near impossible

Newcastle are a tiny club compared to Liverpool.

A club which has fans who think they should be doing better than they are, despite having no money and living on past glories. A good atmosphere and stadium, not much to shout about on the pitch. Loved by the English media and given all the bias going. Arrogant, big-club mentality with no evidence to suggest they're going to win anything any time soon.

Can you honestly tell me this doesn't fit both Newcastle and Liverpool?

Shit clubs.

A club which has fans who think they should be doing better than they are, despite having no money and living on past glories. A good atmosphere and stadium, not much to shout about on the pitch. Loved by the English media and given all the bias going. Arrogant, big-club mentality with no evidence to suggest they're going to win anything any time soon.

Can you honestly tell me this doesn't fit both Newcastle and Liverpool?

Shit clubs.

Liverpool are one of the most successful and biggest teams in the World. They have been in two CL finals recently, winning one, they have won the EC/CL5 times and been in other finals.

They have every right to think they are big and should be getting better.

Liverpool are one of the most successful and biggest teams in the World. They have been in two CL finals recently, winning one, they have won the EC/CL5 times and been in other finals.

They have every right to think they are big and should be getting better.

And yet they still haven't won the only trophy that actually matters. :sherlock: