Alexander Speaks OUT

djbroxybear

NEIL ALEXANDER has accused the SFA of picking on ALLAN McGREGOR.

ALEXANDER insists team-mate McGregor has wrongly been singled out for disiplinary action by the hampden beaks

He said " I don't think it was just me who thinks its harsh, i think had it been anyone else the outcome might have been different ".

Glad to see someone speaking out about this, wait and see him get Carpeted NOW from the SFA Wanks.

:21:

Good for him, what he's saying is right.

Also, a selfish player would be rubbing their hands at a chance to play ahead of their 'rival.' Alexander is genuinely annoyed at the harsh treatment McGregor is getting and thinks he shouldn't be banned. I'm continually impressed by Alexander's attitude, even when he's been harshly dropped (imo) for McGregor in the past he has been an absolute gentleman about it.

Good on you Neil! :clap:

There's another article with Alexander praising McGregor's mental strength..I'll go find it.

BEVVYGATE almost ended Allan McGregor's Scotland career.

But boos-gate has helped make it.

McGregor is regularly singled out by opposition supporters with vile taunts but never lets it affect his form.

Rangers back-up keeper Neil Alexander reckons the abuse his Ibrox pal receives only makes him BETTER.

Alexander said: "Given what Allan's had to deal with, it's remarkable he's still been able to produce such a high standard on the pitch.

"He has great confidence in himself and a great ability to put things to one side and get on with business on the park.

"It's all about mental strength. As a goalkeeper you have plenty of time to think about what is happening off the pitch and it can affect your performance.

"It has happened to goalies up and down the country, but Allan's mental strength is incredible to have handled what he has, especially from some away fans.

"If anything it makes him work harder. No matter what is going on, he just trains really hard. He's a fantastic professional."

Alexander replaces banned McGregor for this weekend's SPL clash with Motherwell.

But the Ibrox understudy reckons nothing he does will keep McGregor out of the side after his suspension.

Alexander, who hopes to sign a two-year extension to his Gers deal, added: "I won't keep my place, Allan's form has been fantastic. All I can do is keep pushing him and give the manager a headache.

"I've got to be ready in case Allan gets injured or there are circumstances like this one.

"I've got high standards and I want to meet them and do well for the club."

Meanwhile, Gers and Celt*c's women's and youth sides will wear the logos of their club's respective official charities on their shirts after Old Firm sponsors Tennent's donated the rights to the clubs.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain said: "I would like to thank Tennent's for giving the club the opportunity to promote and celebrate our charitable work in this way."

Celt*c's Peter Liewell added: "We are delighted at this opportunity to promote Celt*c Charity Fund."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3175320/Phenomenal.html#ixzz128n24YA9

Good for him, what he's saying is right.

Also, a selfish player would be rubbing their hands at a chance to play ahead of their 'rival.' Alexander is genuinely annoyed at the harsh treatment McGregor is getting and thinks he shouldn't be banned. I'm continually impressed by Alexander's attitude, even when he's been harshly dropped (imo) for McGregor in the past he has been an absolute gentleman about it.

Good on you Neil! :clap:

what he said :clap:

You can tell Alexander and McGregor are mates and he feels embarassed playing under these sorts of circumstances.

He's a model pro. A few people at the club could learn a thing or two from him and as someone else pointed out - Rangers FC should be issuing a statement like this, not Alexander.

Wait and see Alexander getting disciplined for this :disappointment:

I've always had this impression of Alexander that he's the 'angel' of the squad, staying behind after training to help clean up the cafeteria because "he likes doing it" or being the first to sit down with one of the young players after a hard day of training and telling them he's "always here if they need him".

You get my drift. Especially before the UEFA Cup Final when he got interviewed by STV and gave the 'nicest' speech to thank the Rangers fans for their support.

Then, a few months ago I got a call from my mate who was in TGIs in Braehead. He was asking me about my whole impression of him and me a bit bewildered ask why the fuck he was asking me this...

Apparently, Alexander and Davis were out having dinner with their families that night across from his table, and Alexander's kids were causing all sort of havoc : not sitting still, playing with their food, being loud - being children. Davis was much more "calmer" in his approach to the situation whereas Neil screamed at his weins and told them to "sit the fuck down and eat their fucking dinner". To this response, they did. :lol: :lol: