Mobile internet.

MuirhouseBear

Im going to get a blackberry for christmas but my mum doesnt trust me with a contract :lol: so im going to get a payg simcard. I was looking on the o2 website and it says:

£15 monthly allowance gives you the option to choose between

Unlimited UK texts, 300 any network minutes & unlimited Wi-Fi or

Unlimited UK texts, 500MB UK data, 100 any network

minutes & unlimited Wi-Fi

Id choose the second one(in bold) with the 100 mins since i dont really phone anyone i just text and i'd go on internet a lot more if i had a BB.

So what im asking here is, is 500mb a lot? How long would it take you to use it up?

Thanks in advance guys :praise:

As long as you aren't downloading things, such as video's then 500mb is plenty.

I do love the bit that says unlimited Wi-fi .... it your f'kin wi-fi, of course it's unlimited.

To be fair lads, im barely out the house :lol:

The only time i'd use it is when coming home from football to check the scores really, or if im out playing football, to check the scores :lol:

You mentioned downloading Ace, does this mean like apps and stuff that BombayBadboy was talking about the other day in a thread, like the Score Centre and FB app?

DO NOT go with O2, their internet speeds are the worst on the market by a country mile, especially if you're not an iPhone customer.

T-Mobile are the best as they don't cut you off if you go over your limit, they just stop you watching videos between 4pm-12am if you go over. Three aren't too bad either.

Whatever you do though, do not, ever, ever, ever go with O2 if you want to use the internet on your phone, their speeds are capped and worse than dialup, seriously.

Oh, and to answer the original question, 500mb is enough with O2 because their speeds are so slow, you'll never have the opportunity to download that much data in a month of attempted streaming because of their shiitty, capped, slow internet network.

DO NOT go with O2, their internet speeds are the worst on the market by a country mile, especially if you're not an iPhone customer.

T-Mobile are the best as they don't cut you off if you go over your limit, they just stop you watching videos between 4pm-12am if you go over. Three aren't too bad either.

Whatever you do though, do not, ever, ever, ever go with O2 if you want to use the internet on your phone, their speeds are capped and worse than dialup, seriously.

But can i get the same deal as they have that i wrote up there^ on any other network?

You want me to search all the mobile providers for you to find out? Fukk me...

Most of them will do a 30 day, SIM only, rolling contact for you, you could then put a spending cap of no more than an additional £10 on it so you don't batter it like a spastic in a chippy.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rolling+contract+mobile+best&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Orange do a pay and go ones:

£10 gets you 300 free texts plus free internet*

£20 gets you 600 free texts plus free internet*

£30 gets you Unlimited* free texts plus free internet*

That's the Dolphin package.

If you plan to download anything, make sure you are in wi-fi zone, either oyur house or else somewhere that lets you surf for free like McD's or Starbucks.

I never download anything over 3G as it eats into my contract but also because it's slow as a week in the jail.

If you are just surfing the web, for example, browsing through RM or reading the BBC news site, that will do very little to your 500mb cap.

from the 15th of last month i've used 170MB :lol: thats browsing RM, browsing the web in general, watching youtube, on msn, facebook etc while at school.

Then the same again at home if im in the middle of it and my wifi drops.

You will be fine.

If you plan to download anything, make sure you are in wi-fi zone, either oyur house or else somewhere that lets you surf for free like McD's or Starbucks.

I never download anything over 3G as it eats into my contract but also because it's slow as a week in the jail.

If you are just surfing the web, for example, browsing through RM or reading the BBC news site, that will do very little to your 500mb cap.

Forgot about the wi-fi when i typed it :lol:

So if i go on RM for say 10 mins every day for a month would i still not go over?

from the 15th of last month i've used 170MB :lol: thats browsing RM, browsing the web in general, watching youtube, on msn, facebook etc while at school.

Then the same again at home if im in the middle of it and my wifi drops.

You will be fine.

Thanks Daniel :h34rt::blush:

Ive played about with my dads blackberry and i like it.

i cannot believe that no one has made a joke about THIS post :lol:

as for the OP, tell your old dear to get you the orange dolphin contract

for 35 quid a month i get

free WAP

unlimited texts

unlimited weekend calls to any network/landline

600mins mon-fri any network/landline

and you will likely get the iPhone 3G or even iPhone 4 if you wanna pay a few bob up front, so internet access is a fucking doddle

my bills havent been over 40 quid for over 2 years now, and that includes me in work getting the rangers goal alerts sent from orange for 12p a time (fucking shite when you cuff hamilton 7-1 at home :lol: )

i cannot believe that no one has made a joke about THIS post :lol:

as for the OP, tell your old dear to get you the orange dolphin contract

for 35 quid a month i get

free WAP

unlimited texts

unlimited weekend calls to any network/landline

600mins mon-fri any network/landline

and you will likely get the iPhone 3G or even iPhone 4 if you wanna pay a few bob up front, so internet access is a fucking doddle

my bills havent been over 40 quid for over 2 years now, and that includes me in work getting the rangers goal alerts sent from orange for 12p a time (fucking shite when you cuff hamilton 7-1 at home :lol: )

at first it said "ive played about with my dads and i liked it" then i changed it for that purpose :sherlock:

Nearer christmas ill have a chat with her and keep this thread in mine, cheers lads.