Allan McGregor

delamonty

Sorry, I know there are other AM threads. But I wanted to make only one point that imho is important.

Proud of him.

He put everything behind him with this retrospective video ban and produced (yet) another world class display. Almost saved the Penalty and on another day might have. Saved a dead cert fourth at the death. No chance on any goal. And some saves were out of this world. And the save vs the Czechs? Impossible.

Gordon Banks, The Schmeichel save, AM vs Bremen. AM vs the Czech Republic. That's the benchmark. (I'm biased of course, but he is fast becoming a true legend.)

So, I am personally proud of Allan. Proud that he is The Rangers goalkeeper. And happy for him too. He has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a world class 'Keeper. Not only in physical skill, but having the mental toughness to ignore the petty shite thrown at him all of the time.

Now, it mght be 'petty', but it must sooner or later, take a toll. So well done Allan. Keep it up son.

He puts out a good case to be the next captain, but his stupid antics on the field (diving) and making the front pages too often rules him out. A fantastic player who leads by example and is the loudest voice on the pitch at times, just a shame he'll probably be remembered as Shagger.

Man of the macth,there was a few Rangers players that were brilliant and a couple that weren't.

Not sure who you mean. But Whittaker surely to f*ck is no left back. Not his fault, but coped as best he could. Big Davie made a few mistakes. But none as glaring as McManus.

Miller/Naisy were great. Big Lee? Injured!

We need to remember. This is a side that is 'easily' the best Footballing team in a generation. They struggle to score only because they want to pass it into the net. Incredible footballers.

And our (The Rangers) lads did very well. Better than most players did against them in the WC tbh. (tu)

Gutted we lost the match, but Allan was immense on the night. Unfortunate that we were undone by 2 stupid and very preventable goals. I really think we could have had something from this match if we had continued taking it to them from the start - we showed we are capable of scoring goals and playing some solid football when we don't continually invite teams onto us and give them too much respect.