Davie Weir

djbroxybear

We should be his priority, not Scotland.

He's obviously passionate and patriotic, which is great for him but I would like him to show us a bit more respect considering we have been carrying him everybit as much as he has been carrying us for, lets be honest - a couple of years longer than anyone would expect.

People even say Weir's slow, but there's some players in their 20's and 30's that come up against him in the SPL and he still has the legs on them - so maybe there's still legs in the old boy yet, but I fear with all these Scotland internationals etc on top of our hectic schedule, the arse is going to fall out of this arrangement.

Prevention is better than cure.

I know most people won't agree with me, but it's just how I feel watching him playing these additional games in midweeks.

He's obviously passionate and patriotic, which is great for him but I would like him to show us a bit more respect considering we have been carrying him everybit as much as he has been carrying us for, lets be honest - a couple of years longer than anyone would expect.

People even say Weir's slow, but there's some players in their 20's and 30's that come up against him in the SPL and he still has the legs on them - so maybe there's still legs in the old boy yet, but I fear with all these Scotland internationals etc on top of our hectic schedule, the arse is going to fall out of this arrangement.

I know most people won't agree with me, but it's just how I feel watching him playing these additional games in midweeks.

With respect, I don't think he's showing any disrespect to Rangers by playing for Scotland as you say 'He's obviously passionate and patriotic, which is great for him but I would like him to show us a bit more respect considering we have been carrying him everybit as much as he has been carrying us...'

Also, it was only 2 games. There are no other games until next September, I don't expect Levein to call him up for friendlies.

With respect, I don't think he's showing any disrespect to Rangers by playing for Scotland as you say 'He's obviously passionate and patriotic, which is great for him but I would like him to show us a bit more respect considering we have been carrying him everybit as much as he has been carrying us...'

Also, it was only 2 games. There are no other games until next September, I don't expect Levein to call him up for friendlies.

I hope your right with that, but I know exactly what Levein is like. He's shown his true colours in the past week.

I have no problem with him playing a couple of big games away to Czech Republic and against Spain to help his country out but I think Levein will stay play him in games he shouldn't really be needed (Lichenstein at Hampden, perfect example)

For what he lacks in pace, he certainly makes up for in his positioning sense. He can read the game better than anyone in the SPL, Championship and various clubs in the Prem. (tu) Hopefully he ends his career in a high, he deserves it. :clap:

He's not going to stop playing for Scotland - and rightly so. The arse hasn't fallen out of it for 3 years......

Oh, I wondered why you said that as it didn't really make any sense.

Nah I just meant that sooner or later the arse might just drop right out him.

Aslong as Levein picks him for big games like Czech Republic or Spain, I can accept that - a couple of extra games a year won't hurt, it's when he starts playing him at Hampden against pish like Lichenstein and friendlies, I start to worry a bit.