Yoann Gourcuff

Millsyrfc1

Manchester United are eyeing a shock £18 million move for Yoann Gourcuff after his summer switch to Lyon turned sour, according to the Daily Star.

Gourcuff, 24, moved to the Stade de Gerland outfit from Bordeaux in August but has already fallen out with head coach Claude Puel. This disturbance has alerted Sir Alex Ferguson to the reigning French Footballer of the Year.

Manchester City and Arsenal had been linked with his signature in the past and the Scot is weighing up whether to lodge a bid as early as January. Standard Liege's Steven Defour remains a target, though the classy France international tops United's wish list

Think this would be a very good move by Ferguson ! Never knew Stekelenberg's contract was up at the end of this season so maybe they'll get him on a free.

I heard a while ago Stekelenberg was hopin man u would sign him up. That Steven Defour is a cracking player !!

Yeah heard about stekelenberg a while ago to just didn't know they could snap him up on a free at the end of the season which I think will probably mean this goes through, Heard about defour but not seen much of him, From what I hear though he is a top player.

Gourcuff is quality :drool:

perfect signing for Manure

also, Stekelenburg on a free ? fucking hell, Ajax will be raging!!

that's the whole idea of there setup, rear the brilliant young players, then sell them on for mega, not lose him on a freebie, that's about £10-15million lost :disappointment:

Defour was a cracking player - not seen him play since his horrific injury last season or whenever it was!? Sir Alex seems to have been interested in him for some time now. Also, the sooner Lyon get shot of Claude Puel, the better!

Too true. He's a good player, but not as good as most people make out imo. I also highly doubt there's anything in this. Didn't he join Lyon 3 or so months ago?

Yeah he did mate, was thinking that man u wouldn't be able to sign him if it was true until the end of the season.

Was one of the reasons Bordeaux won Le Championnat back in 2008/09, hence the Player of the Year award, and he kicked on from where he left last season. Not worked for him at Lyon so far, but he's still a fantastic player with all the attributes to get even better. Not too sure how he'd get on in England tho, not the best of travellers and may not settle!?

Javier Pastore or Marek Hamsik are better IMO, and Sir Alex should look to one of them, if they have the money :unsure:

Was one of the reasons Bordeaux won Le Championnat back in 2008/09, hence the Player of the Year award, and he kicked on from where he left last season. Not worked for him at Lyon so far, but he's still a fantastic player with all the attributes to get even better. Not too sure how he'd get on in England tho, not the best of travellers and may not settle!?

Javier Pastore or Marek Hamsik are better IMO, and Sir Alex should look to one of them, if they have the money :unsure:

Hamsick would be a better option imo. I don't know why they're linked with Sanchez who although is better than Nani and Valencia imho, is quite similar. Then again, Man Utd have more targets than pound coins.

Hamsick would be a better option imo. I don't know why they're linked with Sanchez who although is better than Nani and Valencia imho, is quite similar. Then again, Man Utd have more targets than pound coins.

Who is Sanchez?

I think Antonio Valencia is a terrific player, very underrated IMO.