How lucky are we to have two great keepers!?

Fergie1873

Its a shame for Alexander that McGregor is as good as he is. He'd be getting guarenteed first team football anywhere else. Still, hes loyal to the cause and always carries out a brilliant job for us when he is needed. (tu)

good to see alexander get a game , must be frustrating for him when you are that good a keeper to be on the bench every week .

wonder why he never made it to a bigger team before us , lvingston cardiff and ipswich , imo he is to good a keeper for any o these clubs , although before he joined us i hadnt really heard of him

Aye got to give props to Alexander. Not many keepers of his calibre would be happy playing 2nd string but he's been a loyal servant to us and he is a top class goalkeeper. The only comparison is Man City. Given and Hart. I can't think of any other UK team with 2 top class goalkeepers on their books.

We have always had good goalkeepers. the only one i can think of, that was shite was letizi. or whatever his name was.

Ally Maxwell was shite too, so was that Danish guy Christiansen.

Other than that, I agree. We've had good luck with goalkeepers and even decent back ups like Niemi, Charbonnier, Watterus, Dibble, Snelders etc.

Feel a bit sorry for Alexander, however.

i know what you mean but you shouldnt. its not as if neil has been lied to with the promise of 1st team football. he is and always will be back-up to shagger. by all accounts he is more than happy to be that and he signed a new contract to remain as just that. he could go elsewhere and play and then get back in the scotland squad but he knows like we do, nowhere else would be as good.

and we are very lucky to have him

:21: