Should I bet on my own team?

Rangerslee

Do you bet on Rangers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think betting against Rangers is OK?

• Yes
    • No

Rangers are 4/11 and for you to win £4 you need to put on 11. Its not worth it and you obviously dont have a scoobie about betting, so dont do it at all

Yeah, not worth it really.

Rarely bet on the Rangers, there was this though: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75915&view=findpost&p=3203041

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear up the value point, in betting if you think that someone is a better price than they should be it is called value. Rangers in my eyes should be no more than 1/4

and they are 4/11 which is better than 1/4 but that isnt value unless you have spare tens of thousands of pounds kicking about.

A value bet on Saturday would be a team of n greater odds than 4/7

And the softening the blow, it is innevitable that Rangers are not going to win every games as much as i would love it if they did, soa few quid on Motherwell would help to drown the sorrows when that day comes

We play ra poops next week go big on them rolleyes.gif

I am in a predicament, I have recently started to gamble a little and looking at some tips on fightingtips.co.uk make me want to back Rangers for this week, but if they lose then its double the pain, would it be better to bet on Motherwell so if we do get a result then i am happy and if they lose it softens the blow. Please help :S

Any other bettign suggestions welcome

I could never bet against Rangers, can't really understand anyone who does. If winning money at Rangers expense softens the blow for you you're not much of a Bear I'm afraid.

I am a very big bear thank you and I would rather Rangers win and lose the money, but just in case they don't it does soften the blow a little by buying a few drinks or alot of ibrufoen ;)

I'm sorry, but even contemplating doing it makes you less than a real Bear in my eyes. I would say the same to a supporter of any team who bet against their own, I have in fact. How the fuck can you support your team unconditionally when there is a wee part of you hoping they might lose so you can profit from it?

You Suggesting i put a grand on a 35/1 shot haha might go for us and hibs in a double like the website says and drop the money a little u think?

Mate you would need to be off yer chump to back hibs. Give me your grand