Should I bet on my own team?

Rangerslee

Do you bet on Rangers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think betting against Rangers is OK?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you've got more muni than sense yi cunt lol

I aint got that much money man, and trust me it's been hard earned and pleanty of downs, that's why I have moved from poker as too many people were becoming good, too hard to make money. I feel like I can carry on making money through bets, just using websites like fightingtips to help me get started, with some good tips and then lots of research to go with it.

I aint got that much money man, and trust me it's been hard earned and pleanty of downs, that's why I have moved from poker as too many people were becoming good, too hard to make money. I feel like I can carry on making money through bets, just using websites like fightingtips to help me get started, with some good tips and then lots of research to go with it.

Aye, but no when you're backing Rangers and Hibs both at home.

Don't touch either game mate. Look at some of the English games. If you've got the money and are looking for a big win stick a few draws/away's on.

Sticking a fiver on Spurs to beat Fulham and Stoke and Bolton to draw would return 40 quid. Sticking a fiver on the Gers and Hibs would only return 13.

I'm sorry, but even contemplating doing it makes you less than a real Bear in my eyes. I would say the same to a supporter of any team who bet against their own, I have in fact. How the fuck can you support your team unconditionally when there is a wee part of you hoping they might lose so you can profit from it?

Uh-oh, Uber-Fan alert! :rolleyes:

I've bet against Rangers once, when we played Aberdeen in the Cup Final and Jim Leighton broke his jaw. Aberdeen were 7/1, I stuck a fiver on at the bookies. I also had a fiver bet with a workmate (sheep) that Rangers would win. If the worst happened and Rangers lost, I was £30 to the good. If we won, I had lost nothing and Rangers had won the Cup.

There was no single part of me, even a tiny part, hoping for anything other than a Rangers win. Anyone who knows me and/or knew me at the time would testify to that.

If you think that bet makes me less of a Bear, that says more about your insecurity than it says about me (tu)

Uh-oh, Uber-Fan alert! :rolleyes:

I've bet against Rangers once, when we played Aberdeen in the Cup Final and Jim Leighton broke his jaw. Aberdeen were 7/1, I stuck a fiver on at the bookies. I also had a fiver bet with a workmate (sheep) that Rangers would win. If the worst happened and Rangers lost, I was £30 to the good. If we won, I had lost nothing and Rangers had won the Cup.

There was no single part of me, even a tiny part, hoping for anything other than a Rangers win. Anyone who knows me and/or knew me at the time would testify to that.

If you think that bet makes me less of a Bear, that says more about your insecurity than it says about me (tu)

im surprised at you peter

i would rather be buried in a paupers grave than profit from rangers losing/drawing any match

if i think we might not win i just hope im wrong

im surprised at you peter

i would rather be buried in a paupers grave than profit from rangers losing/drawing any match

if i think we might not win i just hope im wrong

If Rangers had lost that match, it wouldn't be because I'd bet against them. I also didn't think we might lose, but 7/1 was a value bet. Same as Rangers 16/1 against Man U, I didn't think we'd win but it was a value bet.

I am in a predicament, would it be better to bet on Motherwell if we lose it softens the blow

Any other bettign suggestions welcome

Betting against The Rangers is for people with no emotional attachment to the outcome. Therefore no Rangers supporter could.

So here's my betting suggestion - if you bet against The Rangers and come on here bumming about your winnings I'll bet you take fucking dogs abuse.

the only way to make money with betting is to start off betting big. if you stuck £200 on Rangers to win you would get about £70 back. doing this every week is madness though as you will get a nasty kick in the balls so its best to take different teams every now and then. if you were to bet £200 on a Rangers win against Motherwell and hopefully if they win then take your £200 out straight away and use the £70 to play with. on the Sunday pick a game and take a team to win half time/full time. you usually get ok odds on that. put £20 or £30 on it and then keep doing it. always take money out though and as soon as you start losing money then take a break. I find that only putting one team on to win is the better than doing doubles or trebles and have made a fair bit of money this way. only spend what you can afford though and never ever start chasing money no matter how confident you are. I have had a few really bad ones doing that. under no circumstances ever bet against Rangers. even if your not confident. dirty money is good for fuck all.