An ex youth players take on our youth

GOAT

A boy that just started in my work was on our books until around two years ago. Anyway, I was asking him about our youth and this is some of the information he gave me.

He was surprised Fleck hadn't made it yet, but has been told he has an attitude problem since he left.

Says that if it wasn't for Wyldes pace he wouldn't be up too much.

He reckons Andrew Shinnie was a fantastic player when he was there and thinks he'll make it.

Kyle Hutton will be fantastic player the older he gets.

Andrew Little is shite, and he reckons the only reason he got a contract before him was because he could play a number of positions.

He reckons Steven(?) Stirling and Jordan McMillan could make it. Infact he said Stirling was brilliant when he was there, but I know nothing about him.

He also said Charlie Adam and Pedro Mendes were the best trainers! Darcheville hardly trained and spent most of the time on a bike, and Weir never trained every day.

He told me a few other things, but I can't remember it all. If it all comes back I'll post it in this thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for sharing. Some of the stuff like Weir hardly training and Adam being one of the fittest I'd heard before.

I personally think i'm the only person that doesn't rate Fleck.

Disagree with him on Wylde. I know he is pacy, but I think he's good at beating a man and whipping in a good cross.

Agree with him on Kyle Hutton too.

No idea about the rest.

Little must be at least a decent player if Walter wanted to play him in an Old Firm match though, surely?

I wouldn't look into that. He had no choice, I remember the day well. I think Broadfoot ended up at right back and Papac went to center half when Little pulled up after 20 minutes.

I wouldn't look into that. He had no choice, I remember the day well. I think Broadfoot ended up at right back and Papac went to center half when Little pulled up after 20 minutes.

Papac was CB anyway. Whittaker was Left Midfield and Broadfoot was leftback.

That's what I thought as well.

TBH, I don't think he is. He's fell away from the game by the sounds of things. He went to a few clubs after Rangers and was promised contracts by them all and they never happened. I think his last club was Clyde. He plays junior football now, I can't remember the team.

His names William something.

Id like to think some of those players he mentioned will have improved in 2 years, otherwise they would have been given the chop like the likes of Steven Lennon

That's another thing, he said Steven Lennon was a fantastic player and he was surprised he never made it.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

His judgment of the players will be from when they were about 16/17 years old.

Players change a lot from then.

We've also got a guy that was on Hearts books until he fucked his back. He keeps telling us he would have made it. He plays for some T*rrier St junior team that wear green and white hoops. :anguish: