***The Official Rangers v Valencia CF Thread***

Muff

It's difficult to make a prediction for this.

Valencia have a fantastic team and despite their financial troubles and selling David Villa and David Silva, have strength in depth.

But we have shown how tough we are to break through in our first 2 games. With our usual line up being disrupted, who knows what kind of effect that will have.

If Broadfoot is fit we'll see our usually back 5. As for who will replace McCulloch....I would like to see Kyle Hutton in there, but I think we might play Lafferty on the left.

I worry that mata or whoever will play left wing will find it too easy to beat whittaker and get balls into the box,then again I don't think foster would cope either. I wonder if walter has thought about webster at cb and boogie at rb, wouldn't like to see that but I suppose its another option.

I worry that mata or whoever will play left wing will find it too easy to beat whittaker and get balls into the box,then again I don't think foster would cope either. I wonder if walter has thought about webster at cb and boogie at rb, wouldn't like to see that but I suppose its another option.

this is what im thinking. i would still have boogie at cb though, i feel we need him there. thats why i suggested foster at rb. he isnt the best defender but he could match mata for pace. hmmmm :S

Greegsy

Whitty,Bougie,Weir,Sasa,Kirky

Naisy,Edu,Davis,Weiss

Miller

Lafferty to replace miller on 65mins-ish, if Weiss does get the nod he will need to be very disciplined in his defensive duties. maybe smith will start lafferty instead of Weiss on the wing with the young lad getting 20mins. I think smith 'needs' (not sure if that's the right word) to play Weiss at some point in these next 4 CL games, the CL is why he chose us (let's be honest) and I think man city would be happier to re-loan him to us next season (stranger things have happened) if he's getting CL experience

I would love to see Hutton thrown in. I don't think it would scare him, in fact I think he would thrive on playing one of the biggest names in Europe. From what I've read about him on here, he is a big, strong lad and could certainly stifle the creativity of Banega and Fernandes. Perhaps a midfield of:

Edu

Naismith Davis Hutton Lafferty

I just don't understand what team we will play if Broadfoot is missing as well as Lee.

I would love to see Hutton thrown in. I don't think it would scare him, in fact I think he would thrive on playing one of the biggest names in Europe. From what I've read about him on here, he is a big, strong lad and could certainly stifle the creativity of Banega and Fernandes. Perhaps a midfield of:

Edu

Naismith Davis Hutton Lafferty

I just don't understand what team we will play if Broadfoot is missing as well as Lee.

Really :lol:

Kyle Hutton who has started one game against Dunfermline should start against Valencia ? AND he could stifle Banega and Fernandes ?

Wow...

And you would play the attacking midfielder who reads a game very poorly and has poor passing in defensive midfield.

wtf ? :lol:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::broadfoot::weir::bougherra::papac:

:weiss::davis::mcculloch::Naismith:

:miller:

Assuming Big Lee is fit that is, if not then Big Mo. :edu:

Looking forward to this one. We really do need to take something here if we have any hopes of last 16. IMO we don't take a minimum of 2 points from Valencia in our double header we won't be qualifying from our group.

We have shown this season that we raise our game when either it's a big game or our backs are against the wall, here's hoping that trend continues.

And after Wiess's 2nd half performance yesterday, he really does deserve to start... After all we are going to need an outball against what seems a cracking side

I'm not going to comment on whether Hutton will start. But I will say this. He's been very impressive from the short amount of time that I've sen him. Big and strong, but very quick as well and a great Footballing brain it seems.

I would not be surprised to see him oust Mo Edu from being anywhere near the starting 11 this year (maybe) but definitely next.

I reckon Weiss will start. Just a hunch as to why Walt took him off vs Motherwell. He made some great tackles against 'Well. Seems to learnt his 'lesson.'

Weiss won't start as walter won't trust him in such a big game. Tbh I think playing a 5 at the back is the right thing to do, would like to see naisy n weiss out wide with weiss on THE RIGHT for once. We switched him on Saturday fir the second half n look what happened!

We have to get tight to Ever Banega, Juan Mata, Pablo Hernandez, Aritz Aduriz... fuck what a team they have!

When you start typing, you realise just how tough this will be 003.gif

But we are the Rangers and we will do this 10310.gif