***The Official Rangers v Valencia CF Thread***

Muff

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

This is going to be a very, very, very tough game.

Harder than the game will be against Man U at home, simply because Valencia are better than Man U

Yeah, Valencia were by far the better team in their game (tu)

But fuck it

It wasn't too long ago when I went to Ibrox in the CL for Rangers v Barcelona who had a frontline of Henry Messi and Ronaldinho that night as well as Xavi and Iniesta in midfield but to name just a few!

We drew that game 0-0 and almost won it (Cousin) albeit that wouldn't have been deserved going by the run of play!

I think it just shows how important it is not to concede, especially if it is the first goal in the game.

Concede the first goal and prepare for a humping. Keep it tight, even nick a goal if I dare to dream, and we have a fighting chance.

GersvVal.jpg

It sucks that big Lee is oot, he's a wonder in Europe, keeps the balls out and is a great CDM to have. If Kirky isny fit then maybe Webster or Foster but Webby is lacking match fitness and I'm no confident wi Ricky...would love ti see wee Weiss in but as someone said before, he is too attacking minded.

Head: Gers 0-0/0-1 Valencia

Heart: Gers 2-1/1-0 Valencia

We can do it! We are the Rangers!

-------------Greegs-----------

-------Bougie-Davie-Sasa------

-Whittaker-------------Broady-(if fit)-

----Lafferty-Davis-Mo-Naisy---

-------------Kenny------------

It sucks that big Lee is oot, he's a wonder in Europe, keeps the balls out and is a great CDM to have. If Kirky isny fit then maybe Webster or Foster but Webby is lacking match fitness and I'm no confident wi Ricky...would love ti see wee Weiss in but as someone said before, he is too attacking minded.

Head: Gers 0-0/0-1 Valencia

Heart: Gers 2-1/1-0 Valencia

We can do it! We are the Rangers!

Ye forgot the Bus :mutley:

No Surrender

So many different options for this match depending on who is fit, if Broadfoot is fit then I think it will be the following:

McGregor

Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Broadfoot

Naismith, Davis, Edu, Lafferty

Miller

If Broadfoot isn't fit then there is every possibility that Webster could be drafted in the centre and Papac on the left, but Webster hasn't played much football at all so would he be risked for such an important game?

If Broadfoot isn't fit, I would rather we were actually a slightly bit more adventurous in the line up playing a 4-2-3-1

McGregor

Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac

Edu, Hutton

Weiss, Davis, Naismith

Miller

I have absolutely no qualms about playing Hutton, he has to get experience eventually and would keep Lafferty initially on the bench and depending on how we're getting on he can be used as a sub for basically any of the players in midfield and striker.

I'm sorry but if Weiss doesn't start then I'm baffled.

He played very well, scored and got taken off early, if that doesn't indicate that he's starting then I'd like to know why he got taken off.

The fact that you would be baffled if Weiss doesn't start baffles me!

Not played a minute of our first two games, one of which was a home tie against a much weaker team than Valencia.

Walter clearly doesn't feel Weiss can fit into the defensive tatcics/system we are using in Europe.

Anyone know how they've been doing recently?

I'm pretty sure they were unbeatin' and top of La Liga before Barca beat them 2-1 yesterday, Valencia were 0-1 up aswell though. They have lost David Villa and David Silva to Barcelona and Man City but still have a strong squad with the likes of Mata, P.Hernandez etc.

I'd say they're similar to us, in the fashion that they were in high debt, and still are...I think. They also have had the same group of players for a while so they have depth.

Will be a sturn test for us but I believe we can get a positive result ;)