Our midfield - does it lack bite?

nvager

I would say yes, and we miss Kevin Thomson for this. He would get stuck in and made it his goal to try and win the ball back, but he also had the ability to pick a player out. Think that's why a lot of people on here, including myself, would like to see Morgaro Gomis sign for us.

I would say yes, and we miss Kevin Thomson for this. He would get stuck in and made it his goal to try and win the ball back, but he also had the ability to pick a player out. Think that's why a lot of people on here, including myself, would like to see Morgaro Gomis sign for us.

I believe Hutton could be our answer. with more experience he has the skill and physique to be a star.

Today was the first time I had seen Kyle Hutton in the flesh. The boy is huge! He is broader than Bougherra but still appears fast on his feet.

Definitely one with a bright future if given a proper chance.

Bite? These nashers should do the trick!

article-1103320-0614D6820000044D-375_468x378.jpg

Seriously I think McCulloch is the heart of our midfield.

Edu is a fantastic player, he just needs to start turning up from the first whistle, he takes far too long to get going in a game.

I totally agree that none of our current midfield have "Bite" (except when McCulloch plays) but we do have players with bite behind them.

What we had today is a midfield of four who worked hard and were quick getting from defence to attack,so we can't have it both ways with the squad we have got unless we sign another player like Albertz or a McCall who fits that bill.

Kyle Hutton looks a prospect though,so he may be one for the near future to give us both the "Bite" and the mobility.

I totally agree that none of our current midfield have "Bite" (except when McCulloch plays) but we do have players with bite behind them.

What we had today is a midfield of four who worked hard and were quick getting from defence to attack,so we can't have it both ways with the squad we have got unless we sign another player like Albertz or a McCall who fits that bill.

Kyle Hutton looks a prospect though,so he may be one for the near future to give us both the "Bite" and the mobility.

Confused!

What are the similarities with Albertz & McCall?

Confused!

What are the similarities with Albertz & McCall?

Mainly Harry, that when you got tackled by the Hammer or McCall, you sure as hell knew about it in a big way, more so than say Stevie Davis,Naismith or Edu...plus they knew how to attack also.

Mainly Harry, that when you got tackled by the Hammer or McCall, you sure as hell knew about it in a big way, more so than say Stevie Davis,Naismith or Edu...plus they knew how to attack also.

Oz, Albertz and tackling are not normally mentioned in the same sentence.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Oz, Albertz and tackling are not normally mentioned in the same sentence.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

:lol: Harry! I don't think so. I've seen big Albertz put in a few ball busters in my time. I said he hit them hard...I didn't say he did it often :P