Old Firm week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bear

As soon as the final whistle went against Well all that’s been consuming my little brain is the game against “them”.

I know every OF game is important but this one, in my own opinion, is the most important for many years. I don’t need to explain to you guys why that is.

I actually don’t really enjoy OF games because i get so nervous the whole week then just sit watching the game a emotional wreck. Even if we are 2 or 3 up with 5 mins to go i still think we can loose <cr>

I have been doing small bits of consulting for engineering companies today and had to have a word in my own shell, because i was being short, and rude with people that did not deserve it. I am like this for every OF game but this one has got right under my skin.

So does anyone else go through a sort of..........well.......change in attitude in the build up to an OF game.

For the record i know we have the Valencia game, so i guess that is adding to my nerves this week, but for me the OF game is numero uno...............

“edit= dumb fuck nervous fuck Bear"

I'm generally fine.

I'm pretty calm during the game too, but I do start getting edgy in the last 20 minutes when we are beating or drawing with them at Celtic Park. I just can't wait for that final whistle to go.

Even when Rangers score at Celtic Park (as stupid as this sounds) I don't celebrate. I prefer to stand still and look at 7 thousand Bears going ape shit all around me. That gives me some amount of satisfaction.

I'm generally fine.

I'm pretty calm during the game too, but I do start getting edgy in the last 20 minutes when we are beating or drawing with them at Celtic Park. I just can't wait for that final whistle to go.

Even when Rangers score at Celtic Park (as stupid as this sounds) I don't celebrate. I prefer to stand still and look at 7 thousand Bears going ape shit all around me. That gives me some amount of satisfaction.

I wish i was like you weeman (tu) FUCK, i am even shaking typing this at the thought of the last 20 mins..........

I understand watching fellow Bears go nuts.........the best place for that was the old Hampden

I wish i was like you weeman (tu) FUCK, i am even shaking typing this at the thought of the last 20 mins..........

I understand watching fellow Bears go nuts.........the best place for that was the old Hampden

I never got to a Rangers game at the old Hampden :( I think the first was one Kilmarnock in the semi final of the Scottish Cup in 1994, but even then, most of the stadium was seated by then.

It only really affected me a couple of seasons ago in the run-up to the Stevie Davis OF game in may 2009. I was a nervous wreck in the few days before that game. Also last year in the week before the Edu game, I was nervous about that one for some reason, and my housemates at uni noticed it, I was asked "Are you on your period or something?" :lol:

One game I was shitting myself at was when we more or less clinched 9 In A Row up there. The nerves for almost all of the second half was unbareable.

I also made myself a little promise after getting beat at Parkhead off Hearts in the 1998 Scottish Cup final that I'd never feel that bad after a game of football ever again, but that's not to say I don't celebrate after a good result :D infact, it takes me most of the week to recover!! :D

we play celtic this week........

oh fuck dont panic mr manwairing

honestly i usually dont get nervous until inside the ground and you know its 7,000 good guys v 53,000 bad guys

I genuinely am envious of you mate. I have got time on my hands right now so i guess having time to think about it doesn’t help.

i honestly hate games against them. the week leading up to it is horrible. I used to think that the hatred and anger would start going away as i got older. does it fuck. it gets worse. The daft pricks who support the smaller teams like to go on about us being spoiled and how they are better supporters than us as they support a team that never wins anything. well fuck them i say. supporting Rangers is 10 times harder on your nerves than supporting a team who is not expected to do fuck all. it consumes your life supporting Rangers. The Valencia game should be the number one priority but unfortunately for me i wont be able to even think about Valencia seriously until on the day of the game.

i honestly hate games against them. the week leading up to it is horrible. I used to think that the hatred and anger would start going away as i got older. does it fuck. it gets worse. The daft pricks who support the smaller teams like to go on about us being spoiled and how they are better supporters than us as they support a team that never wins anything. well fuck them i say. supporting Rangers is 10 times harder on your nerves than supporting a team who is not expected to do fuck all. it consumes your life supporting Rangers. The Valencia game should be the number one priority but unfortunately for me i wont be able to even think about Valencia seriously until on the day of the game.

We walk the same path mate........... (tu)

I wish i wasn’t like this though as it is not healthy.........

Govan east corner :praise:

It only really affected me a couple of seasons ago in the run-up to the Stevie Davis OF game in may 2009. I was a nervous wreck in the few days before that game. Also last year in the week before the Edu game, I was nervous about that one for some reason, and my housemates at uni noticed it, I was asked "Are you on your period or something?" :lol:

you over this way for the game mate or over there??

I always feel more nervous in the build up to the game than actually on the day of the game. Regardless to say, I do drink a shitload of alcohol on the day of the game and sing my heart out with 7000 other Bears. :crabflute:

lets face this one game doesnt decide the season, not by a long shot, another 3 after and both teams will drop points elsewhere.

and im thinking about valencia on wednesday first, a vital game for qualification