Naismith: "I feel I am playing my best football"

Steven Naismith has been Rangers' surprise form player this season. The Ayrshire man has been in sparkling form and in an interview he gave at the children's AGM yesterday, Naismith discussed his rise to prominence.

"I feel I am playing my best football since I joined Rangers and to get my first goal for Scotland against Spain was brilliant.

"A lot of it has to be down to playing in the same position since pre-season and I have been settled in the one role. The one thing I haven't been happy with is the amount of goals I have scored for Rangers in my career.

View the full article

I honestly can't think of another player in European football who's had a better month than Naismith. Goals in domestic, European and international competition, including one against the World and European champions.

Why isn't there a European player of the Month award? :(

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

He looks like he's knuckled down in the gym and put the extra training sessions in, as he seems a lot fitter and stronger.

Effort = results.

Sebo? :pipe:

He looks like he's knuckled down in the gym and put the extra training sessions in, as he seems a lot fitter and stronger.

Effort = results.

Steven Naismith has always been pretty fit and strong and he has always been a worker.

This season it seems he has worked more on the technical side of his game. His first touch is a lot better and he does not fall over as much. The fact that he is playing week in week out, getting on the scoresheet, creating goals, playing well and getting selected for Scotland seems to have given him an awful lot of confidence and belief in himself and long may it continue.

Been brilliant this season couldnt be happier.

To think before this season I used to call him Stevie Wonder...

As he was wonderfully shite.

Always running down a blind alley (bad joke, sorry bears one to many the night)

He's been top draw and hope he keeps it going, big big week..

Mon the bears

WATP :uk: :uk: :chopometer:

Naisy has been different class this season for both club and country. His all round contribution to the cause as well as his goals has been priceless to The Rangers and Scotland and long may it continue. :clap:

Here's hoping he can add to his tally and growing reputation with a goal or 2 against Valencia.