Durrant comes back from spying mission impressed

Ian Durrant was on a scouting mission at the weekend to check out the visiting Valencia as they prepared to come to Ibrox for tomorrows Champions League tie and in an interview with the Sun, he came back mesmerised by just how good they are.

"Valencia are a top class team. In the first half against Barcelona they were outstanding. They way they moved the ball and got at top-quality opposition was a real joy to watch. They could easily have gone 2-0 up and had they done that then I don't think Barca would have clawed it back."

"It's going to be a tough shift for our boys on Wednesday night."

View the full article

Its going to be a hard game on Wednesday, a lot harder than the Man United game at OT and the Bursaspor game IMO. But if we dig in deep, show the self belief we've been showing this season so far then we can get a positive result. (tu)

They really are a top class outfit and I'm sure everyone at the club will be well aware of that!

I expect a typical digging in deep performance from ourselfs on Wednesday and if we can take anything from the game I would be very proud of our lads!

The sort of team we struggle against. They have the players to unlock what will undoubtedly be another eleven men behind the ball show and I reckon that they will take maximum points from the two ties. We can only hope that Manchester United do the same to the Turks, ensuring European football after Christmas.

Guest therabbitt

Such a hard game.

Mata is only second to Xavi in La Liga assists over the last two years, we need to cut off his supply ankles.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

They were phenomenal against Barcelona in the 1st half, they actually had more possession than them :praise:

It's going to be a lot harder to contain them than Man Utd, they have far better players with the guile needed to open up a defence like ours.

Can't wait :uk:

I don't like us talking the opposition up too much even if they are as good as Valencia.

It's 11 men against 11 men and We Are The Rangers so I say keep it tight as we did at OT and get fucking right in about them and let's see if their bottles crash with 50 000 Bears roaring the lads on.

Let them know they are in a game right from the first whistle to the last.

I can hardly wait! Getting butterflies just thinking about the game. :21:

Glasgow Rangers Champions. WATP. :21:

I wonder how they will fare when the wall of sound from our fans crashes down on them? Will they prove oblivious? Or could their bottle crash and resolve weaken? We can only wait and see tomorrow and make them face that wall of sound WATP

Hopefully Ian has spotted a few things that will help us on Wednesday. I think he has done an outstanding job in assessing the opposition so far.

Play the right formation, with the right players in the right position, and we have a chance. And of course, the old give 110% etc. etc.

I love it when we're written off as not having a chance. We're getting something out of this match Bears. We are.

I wonder how they will fare when the wall of sound from our fans crashes down on them? Will they prove oblivious? Or could their bottle crash and resolve weaken? We can only wait and see tomorrow and make them face that wall of sound WATP

I'm sure they will have experienced similar before. The crowd are there to cheer our own team on.

Valencia are a top notch team,as anybody with an ounce of football brain will realise, but there is no need to fear them....Respect them? definitely...Fear them? NO!

It will take a massive performance to get anything at all from this game if all we do is defend for 90+ minutes, but if we can weather the early storm and then assert ourselves a bit in an attacking sense,then I can see us gain at least a point from it...Or dare I say it, a win.

Believe, and victory is ours for the taking. :21::uk::clap: