Walter's interview after the ManU match

delamonty

Actually, this is one of the best interviews I have seen from ANY football manager.

Starts off with Walter taking the p1ss out of Chico (again).

But his words about how UEFA is letting a situation 'develop' is extremely serious, articulate and above all, makes perfect sense.

It's just a BBC video...

BBC Link

There must be a place @ Ibrox for Walter after he 'retires'. I don't for one second believe he will walk away from the game. Not when he has this passion. (It's not bleeding out of his veins, it's subtle. Listen, and watch him).

Walter wants out of football at the end of the season. He has a family. He has grandkids. He wants to spend his time with them!

I'd go along with that. But, that is his immediate future. It won't last imho. He'll be back in a "capacity". (tu)

Do you think they will ever change the format? It is effectively rigging the competition every year, making the rich richer and giving the poor clubs no chance. I understand that they try to make the final a big spectacle, but it's getting quite boring.

Do you think they will ever change the format? It is effectively rigging the competition every year, making the rich richer and giving the poor clubs no chance. I understand that they try to make the final a big spectacle, but it's getting quite boring.

Predictable yes, boring? I don't think so.

Saying that I would welcome any change that would increase our chances/ revenue.

Predictable yes, boring? I don't think so.

Saying that I would welcome any change that would increase our chances/ revenue.

I agree that it's becoming boring watching the top teams progress from the group stages with increasing ease. Fans around Europe are starting to vote with their feet too. Aren't attendances on the slide? If this trend continues then surely UEFA will have to alter the format.

If Walter Smith had capitalised fully on the huge advantages he had in his first spell, we may have been fully established amongst Europe's elite, with the advertising revenue becoming a moot point.

I honestly doubt it would have made a difference.

The Scottish game in general was fucked the day the SPL said to Sky they wanted more money and they just withdrew their offer.